• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Firefox doesn't report as being upgraded

Started by nlopezs74, May 22, 2019, 05:08:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nlopezs74

I am using the trial catalog to deploy Firefox. I was able to successfully installed the update via a schedule deployment. The issue I am having is that Firefox does not report as being upgraded. It is waiting for user to launch the browser. Is this something handled by the paid version?

Thanks for the help

Justin Chalfant (Patch My PC)

Was Firefox open during the upgrade this could be why the restart of Firefox is being requested

nlopezs74

No. The browser was not running. I confirmed that on a lab server. btw, The package was published using the publishing tool.

Let us see if we repro. So the steps are?

• Old Firefox version installed
  • Deploy new update update, update install completed, start Firefox, prompts for manual restart to complete update?

nlopezs74

Old version is installed. I then assigned the update group to the collection for deployment. The update completes successfully. I then have to go to the machine, launch Firefox to refresh. The inventory scan still reports the old version before the refresh.

What was the previous version you had installed?

nlopezs74

I have different versions.

I now have 67 available. I am going to build a new SUG with 67

We are unable to repro this issue in our labs. Did you modify anything in your installation package for Firefox?

Attempted Repro: https://imgur.com/a/hBH8P8m

nlopezs74

Nothing. So All the old versions currently installed were initially installed by the end user. I am now trying to update them using the SUG.
Did you tried manually installing an old version then updating it with the published update?

Thanks

Yea, this was the process manually installing v60 and deploying the latest published updates as shown in the video.

nlopezs74

At the beginning of the video you have what I am seeing. I am asked to refresh Firefox even after the update completed. Let me deploy Firefox 67. I will capture into a video myself.

Thanks

nlopezs74

So, the Firefox 67 update did installed and shows the correct version under "Add and Remove Programs". I am still having to refresh/reset Firefox on launch.

Take a look.

https://imgur.com/a/e3GQMl7

Thanks for looking into this.

nlopezs74

It looks like the client ends up with both version of Firefox. This is why I am still seeing the old version.

Did you use the MSI of EXE of the Firefox Installer?

nlopezs74

Not sure what the end user used. I will have to check the clients. The published updates don't show MSI or EXE for some of the software. 7-zip, Adobe Flash, Foxit Reader give me the option. Firefox, Notepad++ or VLC media player do not.