• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Supersedence questions

Started by grmorgan618, October 09, 2018, 06:07:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grmorgan618

Brand new Patch my PC user (with SCCM 1802) here... We just got the publishing app installed and configured. We are syncing all metadata in order to understand what we have in our environment that needs patching.  My question is I'm seeing products that look like they should be superseded showing up as not... A couple examples ... DisplayLink 8.6 M0 and M1, Audacity 2.2.2 and 2.3.0, Citrix Receiver 4.9 and 4.12, Dropbox 57.4.89 and 58.4.92, FileZilla Client 3.37.1, 3.37.3 and 3.37.4, Foxit Reader 9.2.0.9297 and 9.3.0.10826 ....  should/does the metadata-only sync include supersedence information? Thanks ahead of time!

Justin Chalfant (Patch My PC)

What are you using for publishing? Are you using SCUP or our publishing service for the publishing?

grmorgan618

Previous versions should auto-expire. Could you email the patchmypc.log. you could also manually decline them in the advanced tab to get this to expire in SCCM right away.

grmorgan618

Thanks Justin ... so we have are expire updates set to after 30 days... if we set it to 0, we wouldn't see the old and new versions?

grmorgan618

Sorry - new to the forum, how do i send you the log? I tried a PM but there was no option to attach anything.

If you have the option to delay expiring updates set to 30 days, it will only expire the previous version once they have been expired in the catalog for 30 or more days. This would make sense why those older versions aren't expired yet in the console.

grmorgan618

Thanks - we'll switch it to 0 and see how it turns out.