• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Ignore program from check

Started by Black Tiger, March 15, 2018, 02:53:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black Tiger

The first option is almost perfect, "Disable scanning of this app" is in fact the same as "ignore this app from scanning" so almost perfect. It would be nice to still have the checkbox in red, so it's clear the app is still outdated (or another color at your choice as long as it is not green), so it can be easily found back later when somebody want's to update any time later.

The second option is almost the confuses me as it is almost the same as the current "disable auto update of this app" (or globally).
If I'm not mistaken, in a textual way it's even contradictory. If it says "don't auto check this app when outdated" and it is listed, it looks in fact as if it is checked, because it will turn right and would be listed.
I don't quite understand the difference between "don't auto check when outdated" and "disable scanning of this app". But this can also be because I'm not native English languaged.

Imho we can leave out the second option, because that is already what is happening if "disable auto update this app" (or globally) is checked.

So it might be easier to only add an option "disable scanning of this app" working they way you described (with strike trough and no listing right side), and leave the "disable auto update" as it's working now but remove the strike trhough. It has the same effect, correct? Or am I missing something then?

Justin Chalfant (Patch My PC)

We just cut a new beta 4.0.0.92:

You can get it by enabling beta updates in the options menu and restarting PatchMyPC.exe or manually download: https://patchmypc.net/freeupdater/PatchMyPCBeta.exe

This should be how the behavior works in the latest beta.

Disable scanning for this app - This will completely disable scanning of the app. That means the application will not be listed in the right textbox and the application checkbox will have a cross line and always be black. Note: This is the skip app setting from previous versions so this setting should be retained if you set an app to skip in a previous version.
Disable silent installation for this app - self-explanatory just giving the option to do this per app for more flexibility vs only having the global option.
Disable auto updating for this app - This will simply make it so we don't auto check the applications checkbox if it's outdated on start. You will still see the application listed in the right textbox and you will still see the checkbox color (Red if outdated, green if updated). This can be helpful if you want to know if an update is available, but you don't want Patch My PC to auto install it during a silent install or auto check the checkbox during a normal run when started.

Black Tiger

Just installed and tested it, this looks great, thank you very much!

Quote from: Black Tiger on March 18, 2018, 04:00:16 PM
Just installed and tested it, this looks great, thank you very much!

Great! Will likely release to stable channel tomorrow. We have a few more items to do before release.

FYI: This has released to 4.0.1.0

Black Tiger