• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Download Status Bar and New Icon

Started by warwagon, May 09, 2012, 12:43:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

warwagon

I recently came across your software via Neowin.net when they had you in their software News section. I have since tried it out and have recommend Patch My PC to the entire Neowin community. You can find the thread link below

http://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/1073967-patch-my-pc-not-bad-not-bad-at-all/

There are only 2 things I can see being improved upon. First off is the status bar on the bottom of the application that goes back and forth to show activity. I think it would be better used to show the process of the current downloading application. It would be nice to know where in the download process the (for example) 50MB Adobe Acrobat file is .

I think you might also want to consider changing the program icon. While there is technically nothing wrong with it, malware has pretty much ruined the credibility of an icon with a green shield with a white check mark :)

That's all I have for now. Patch My PC is a god sent to anyone who is in the computer repair field that needs a 1 click solution to update systems on their repair bench, which otherwise took a while.

Thank you for a great product and I've also donated!

Adam

Justin Chalfant (Patch My PC)

Thanks for the Donation!

I agree with you on both of your suggestions! I've been really busy lately with other things, but I am planning on changing the progress bar to show the status of the download for each update.

If your good with photo editing feel free to put something together and post it on here for an icon :).

At some point when I have time; I'm planning on making some changes to the UI as well.

Justin