• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Chrome Failing to install in TS

Started by mpotase, September 20, 2022, 02:24:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mpotase

Google Chrome is failing to install in the OSD TS. I can install the application via software center without issue.

I have other PMPC apps in the TS (7-zip and Adobe Reader DC) and those install fine.

I have done the following of exporting the WSUS cert. and adding the steps to import it into the TS
https://patchmypc.com/applications-fail-to-install-during-osd-in-sccm-with-error-authorizationmanager-check-failed-0x87d00327

I do not see anything for Chrome in the app discovery log I will be reimaging another test device and gather the SMSTS.logs if needed.

Priscilla (Patch My PC)

Hello,

When possible, please send the SMSTS.log and the logs listed below from the client device to [email protected].

%WinDir%\CCM\Logs\AppDiscovery*.log
%WinDir%\CCM\Logs\AppEnforce*.log
%WinDir%\CCM\Logs\AppIntentEval*.log
%WinDir%\CCM\Logs\CAS*.log
%WinDir%\CCM\Logs\CIAgent.*log
%WinDir%\CCM\Logs\DataTransferService*.log
%WinDir%\CCM\Logs\PatchMyPC-ScriptRunner.log
This may be found in the %ProgramData%\PatchMyPC\ if the Install was initiated by the user from Software Center.
%WinDir%\CCM\Logs\PatchMyPC-SoftwareDetectionScript.log
This may be found in the %temp% of the user who clicked 'Install' in Software Center if it was an 'Available' deployment.
%WinDir%\CCM\Logs\StateMessage.log
%ProgramData%\PatchMyPC\PatchMyPC-UserNotification.log
%ProgramData%\PatchMyPC\UISettings\UINotificationSettings.xml

mpotase

mpotase

just wanted to post an update after reviewing the smsts.log file we could see it was attempting to install v.24 of the application but it should have been v.37 so the task sequence was trying to pull an older version of the application for some reason.

My solution was deleting the PMPC application and resyncing and re-adding the updated application back into the Task Sequence following theis artivle to remove apps and source content https://patchmypc.com/how-to-delete-applications-created-by-patch-my-pc-in-sccm

RachelGomez161999

Fix problems installing Chrome
Make sure your internet connection is working normally.
Check if your device meets the system requirements
Download the installation file again from google.com/chrome.
If the installation still isn't working, use an offline installer

Greeting,
Rachel Gomez