• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Base Install PS Detection Method Code Signing Error

Started by rudybankson, August 28, 2019, 03:47:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rudybankson

We're trying to do Base Installs now for Applications. On the Base Install options, we checked the box for "Code-sign the PowerShell detection method script using the WSUS Signing Certificate" and it looks like that signature is getting put in the PS for the detection method for Applications generated by Patch My PC. When we try to deploy the Application, we're getting an error "0x87D00327 Script is not signed" so it fails.

I know I can flip my Client Settings over to set the execution policy to Bypass so it doesn't require the code signing, but is there some obvious mistake we're making that is causing this error?

Justin Chalfant (Patch My PC)

rudybankson

Just during normal Application deployments. Tested deployment against a device collection. No user logged into the computer at the time. Windows 10 64 bit domain joined and it gets updates beautifully from PatchMyPC all day long.

What is the version of PatchMyPC-ScriptRunner.exe in one of the applications failing to detect?

Are this is the version in SCCM application source folder not the publishing service InstallDir right?

rudybankson

Correct. It's in the source content for the deployment with these other files.

Package.xml
PatchMyPC-Sccm.dll
PatchMyPC-ScriptRunner.exe
SketchUpPro2019_19.2.222_x64.msi

Are you on an email thread with us right now or no?

rudybankson

No sir. I can do that if you think it's a good idea... since it sounds like I'm kind of special.

Yeah, let's do that. Can you submit a support case https://patchmypc.com/technical-support

We will probably need to set up a remote session.