• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Detection methods for Applications use hardcoded paths instead of environment variables

Started by chrysanthemums, January 31, 2020, 08:42:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrysanthemums

Hi folks - thanks for everything. Got PmPC up and running in our environment and we are in the process of getting things going for ourselves. One item of concern that came up:

While unlikely, it's possible that Windows installations are not installed to C. Paths for Windows\Temp and CCM\Logs in the Detection methods of applications are hardcoded for an installation directory of C:\Windows\. Would it be possible to move to environment variables such as $env:WinDir, $env:temp, and $env:systemdrive for example, for greater compatibility and flexibility?

Thanks.

Justin Chalfant (Patch My PC)

Could you add a UserVoice at ideas.patchmypc.com? I see the value here. Wildcards might work today, but I would need to check with my engineering team.

Quote from: chrysanthemums on January 31, 2020, 08:42:41 AM
Hi folks - thanks for everything. Got PmPC up and running in our environment and we are in the process of getting things going for ourselves. One item of concern that came up:

While unlikely, it's possible that Windows installations are not installed to C. Paths for Windows\Temp and CCM\Logs in the Detection methods of applications are hardcoded for an installation directory of C:\Windows\. Would it be possible to move to environment variables such as $env:WinDir, $env:temp, and $env:systemdrive for example, for greater compatibility and flexibility?

Thanks.