• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Publish Individual (Out of Band) Update

Started by THamlin, June 01, 2021, 09:59:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

THamlin

Here's the scenario. We auto publish updates once a month to coincide with patch Tuesday. After Patch Tuesday Adobe released a new update that our security team wants deployed (Out of Band). How do I publish one update without updating the entire catalog? Unless I'm misunderstanding something I will publish all new updates if I run a Publishing Service Sync. I know you can select "Republish updates for these products on the next sync schedule" but that's later this month. I'm missing something I'm sure. Still getting used to the new process. Thanks for the assist.

Jake Shackelford (Patch My PC)

First backup your settings (advanced tab), then uncheck all updates, check the one you want to update and force a sync, after the sync restore the previous settings. We are discussing internally about adding an option to ONLY publish X application on demand but currently that's not available.

THamlin

Thank you for the quick response. I think i'll just use SCCM to deploy the out of band update for now, but I do like the idea of an option to ONLY publish X application on demand. Hopefully that gets added to the list of new features in the future.