Report Bugs and Issues (Free Home Updater) / TeraCopy 3.8.5 Update Fail
« Last post by W130SN on June 12, 2021, 02:57:33 AM »
TeraCopy fails with an error code:

Patch My PC 4.2.0.3 | Definitions: 11-Jun-2021 | 12/06/2021 09:44:29

Downloading TeraCopy 3.8.5 (8.78 MB)
TeraCopy 3.8.5 Downloaded Successfully
Silently install TeraCopy 3.8.5
Install Complete Exit Code -536870911
There is a request for this on our uservoice page! I would recommended giving it a few votes and putting in a comment with any extra details you might have.
https://ideas.patchmypc.com/ideas/PATCHMYPC-I-1388
I was wondering if there is a way to automate the export of PMP updates to a PowerBI report?

I followed the manual method https://patchmypc.com/power-bi-reports-for-microsoft-intune-third-party-updates here but didn't know if anyone has discovered a way to automate/semi-automate it?

Thanks!
Pre-3.0 is effectively a different app and is not an 'update' but rather an 'upgrade' which would require an uninstall of the old and install of the new. This is why we have this limitation in place. Our updates must support a clean update from a previous version.

Regarding UWP applications, this is not something that is currently on our roadmap.
PatchMyPC with WSUS

DCU 4.2.0 has installable rule where DCU has to be 3.0 or higher to install.  Do we know why the 3.0 or greater limitation exists?  I could adjust the rule to upgrade legacy versions, but rather not if known issues with legacy upgrades.

Somewhat related there are 2 version of DCU.  Classic & UWP DCU 4.2.0 only installs on Classic.  Any plans for UWP DCU update?

Thanks,

Where are you making those assignment changes? If you use the Intune Application Manager any changes you make will send an immediate graph call to make the change, including removal of groups. You can access this by going to the Intune apps or Intune Updates tab and selecting the cloud icon with a magnifying glass on the right hand side.
Impossible to remove groups via PatchMyPC from Intune, only I can add new groups to existing apps. Its normal?
Report Bugs and Issues (Free Home Updater) / Cannot uninstall Power BI
« Last post by michealspencer on June 09, 2021, 09:58:40 PM »
Hi, When I try to uninstall it to install the new version, I get this error 0xFFFF(65535)
How to fix this? Thanks!
To be honest we tested upgrading from 0.0.309 to 1.0.9002 and it worked fine without leaving 0.0.309 behind!
So hopefully your case won't happen again anyway.
Weird.

- Discord told me it was 1.0.9002, from inside the app.
- Windows 10 Settings > Apps ... showed 0.0.309.
- I uninstalled from there, which uninstalled all of Discord, including my 1.0.9002 version
- I reinstalled Discord
- Now the Patch My PC detection logic works.

I hope I don't have to uninstall/reinstall Discord every time they have an update.
But I agree that this issue might have been caused by them not updating properly.

Thanks.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10