• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

PatchMyPC selfupdater

Started by MerlinTheGreat, February 28, 2023, 03:50:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MerlinTheGreat

I found an older version of PatchMyPC, which still has the categories, on one of my usb thumbdrives.
I put this over the latest version on my internal drive.
In the ini file I activated the line "Chk_Options_DisablePatchMyPCSelfUpdater" to keep PMPC from updating itself to the newest release again.

I'm a bit disapointed that the app still does update itself, despite me activating the option not to do so.
Now I wonder: has this option ever worked?  ???
And what is the purpose of options if the app does not use them as should be?

ZorionPyro

I'm in the same situation. :( They're not just removing a must-have feature, they're forcing us to upgrade. I wonder if there's a way to use the old version.

BetsyLeonard

Quote from: MerlinTheGreat on February 28, 2023, 03:50:06 AMI found an older version of PatchMyPC, which still has the categories, on one of my usb thumbdrives.
I put this over the latest version on my internal drive.
In the ini file I activated the line "Chk_Options_DisablePatchMyPCSelfUpdater" to keep PMPC from updating itself to the newest release again.

I'm a bit disapointed that the app still does update itself, despite me activating the option not to do so.
Now I wonder: has this option ever worked?  ???
And what is the purpose of options if the app does not use them as should be?
I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with PatchMyPC's self-updater despite activating the option to disable it. It's possible that there may be some compatibility issues between the older version of PatchMyPC that you found and your current system or that the option to disable self-updating is not working as intended.

One thing you could try is reaching out to PatchMyPC's customer support team to see if they have any insights into why the option is not working and if there are any workarounds or solutions. They may also be able to provide you with more information on the purpose of the option and whether it has worked in the past.