• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

PatchMyPC confusing Onedrive with 4 other unrelated programs.

Started by Xolem, March 21, 2018, 10:14:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xolem

Hello,

I have desinstalled Onedrive from my PC because i'm using Google Drive.

The problem is that PatchMyPC still think Onedrive is on the system, so I tried the uninstall option from the app just to see if I could get rid of it definitely.

When I do that it prompts me to uninstall other apps that have nothing to do with Onedrive, namely :

- Driverscloud (driver scanner and updater)
- ODBC driver x86 + x64 for Windev v.20 and v.23 (Software development solution)

In total if i was to accept, it would uninstall those 4 apps mistakenly (see attached screenshots for more details)

I also added the following lines to the registry, to no avail :

reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Patch My PC\Options" /v "DisableAutoCheck_Chk_OneDrive" /t "REG_SZ" /d "1" /f
reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Patch My PC\Options" /v "Manual_Install_Chk_OneDrive" /t "REG_SZ" /d "1" /f
reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Patch My PC\Options" /v "Skip_Chk_OneDrive" /t "REG_SZ" /d "1" /f

Which seems logical as Onedrive gets confused with those apps. No idea why.

Thanks.

Justin Chalfant (Patch My PC)

Quote from: Xolem on March 21, 2018, 10:14:15 AM
Hello,

I have desinstalled Onedrive from my PC because i'm using Google Drive.

The problem is that PatchMyPC still think Onedrive is on the system, so I tried the uninstall option from the app just to see if I could get rid of it definitely.

When I do that it prompts me to uninstall other apps that have nothing to do with Onedrive, namely :

- Driverscloud (driver scanner and updater)
- ODBC driver x86 + x64 for Windev v.20 and v.23 (Software development solution)

In total if i was to accept, it would uninstall those 4 apps mistakenly (see attached screenshots for more details)

I also added the following lines to the registry, to no avail :

reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Patch My PC\Options" /v "DisableAutoCheck_Chk_OneDrive" /t "REG_SZ" /d "1" /f
reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Patch My PC\Options" /v "Manual_Install_Chk_OneDrive" /t "REG_SZ" /d "1" /f
reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Patch My PC\Options" /v "Skip_Chk_OneDrive" /t "REG_SZ" /d "1" /f

Which seems logical as Onedrive gets confused with those apps. No idea why.

Thanks.

Thanks for the report. We are looking to improve the detection from the apps checkbox. There is some instances where other apps that start with the same name may be called. This is why we added the confirm. We should have this improved in an update soon. If you use the uninstall menu it should only call the OneDrive uninstaller.

Justin Chalfant (Patch My PC)

Also, can you send a screenshot of the main app when opened with all the outdated apps listed in the textbox and the onedrive checkbox on the left side in view?

Xolem

Ok thanks,

See screenshot attached for your request.

Xolem

I got rid of the problem by deleting all the registry leftovers from Onedrive.

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Wow6432Node\CLSID\{018D5C66-4533-4307-9B53-224DE2ED1FE6} --> Deleted
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{018D5C66-4533-4307-9B53-224DE2ED1FE6} --> Deleted

And the residual folders in %UserProfile%, %LocalAppData% and %ProgramData%

Also ran  : %systemroot%\SysWOW64\OneDriveSetup.exe /uninstall (in CMD)

In case someone has the same issue.