• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Settings Backup Failed

Started by Export_User, October 07, 2022, 02:13:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Export_User

I've just noticed the backup of settings has stopped working since September 30th, and I'm getting the below error. There are 100 files in that folder, and it appears to have just stopped working.

QuoteAn error occurred while copying the settings file to the backup folder: Could not find file 'D:\Program Files\Patch My PC\Patch My PC Publishing Service\Backup\Settings10_7_2022 3_50_40 AM.cab'.

I'm running version 2.1.6.0 on Windows Server 2019.

Liviu (Patch My PC)

Hey Export_User,

This issue should be fixed in the latest production release (2.1.8.0).
Please install it (if you haven't already) and let us know if you still see the issue.

Export_User

I've just installed 2.1.8.0 and I'm still receiving the same error:

QuoteAn error occurred while copying the settings file to the backup folder: Could not find file 'D:\Program Files\Patch My PC\Patch My PC Publishing Service\Backup\Settings2022-10-12T10_13_51.cab'.

PMPC.png

casato

Hi guys,

I saw this thread and it seems that the error came back.

I'm running the latest version available 2.1.9.0 on a Win 10 machine.

Even trying to do a manual backup is not working. :)

Liviu (Patch My PC)

Hey guys,

Thank you for reporting this!
I must apologize for misleading you with my previous post. The fix for this issue wasn't released yet, but is included in the preview version 2.1.9.17.
If you want to install it, you can do so from the About tab.
If would appreciate some feedback.

casato

Oh, I see.

I'm not entirely comfortable going into the preview, but thanks.

Any ETA for the new version to be released for GA?

Liviu (Patch My PC)

I can't say when it will go to Prod, unfortunately.

A workaround would be to go in the Backup folder (by default in the PMPC install dir), and cut all entries in that folder and just paste them somewhere else.
That will fix the issue as well.

Export_User

I've installed the update, but it requires a reboot. I will schedule it for tonight and report back tomorrow.

Export_User

I've installed preview version 2.1.9.17 and it has resolved the issue of backups not saving correctly.

Thanks for your help on this.

Liviu (Patch My PC)

Danalberto231