• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

feature request

Started by btech92, August 15, 2015, 08:12:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

btech92

is it possible to add an option which you use to enable/prevent updated applications from automaticly opening right after an update (e.g. skype and teamviewer)
they keep opening after they are updated, which is really anoying.

Justin Chalfant (Patch My PC)

This is something we have looked into a lot, but unfortunately unless their installer offers a switch for this there isn't much we can do.

btech92

oh, that is too bad. :(

and it's not possible to emplement an "kill" command? like with when you enable the option  "Kill applications automaticly when updating them". but then at the end of the individual update?  with a few seconds or miliseconds of delay since they don't open right away :)
but even so, i think this would be too much work to do this for each app which does not support this by default. unless it's done for all apps in general.

Omar (Patch My PC)

We now are using a switch for Skype to not launch after installing, And TeamViewer now doesn't run anymore after installing. So these 2 now doesn't launch after installing but others may do, As the main admin said "unless their installer offers a switch for this there isn't much we can do".

lezerogan

certainly not critical, but it will be nice if PatchMyPc program will remember its own 'last window position'