• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Ability to set a timeout for silent mode...

Started by SnakeByte, January 28, 2016, 11:35:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SnakeByte

As mentioned in another thread, there can be times where an update doesn't complete while in silent mode.  Currently this prevents PatchMyPc from completing any other updates since it processes each update one at a time and will wait indefinitely for each to finish.

What I'd like is to be able to set a timeout period where it will terminate and give up on an update if it doesn't complete within the time specified.

Justin Chalfant (Patch My PC)

Are you thinking this is because an application is open that it's trying to update? There's an option in the options menu to close apps while updating them that may help.

Quote from: SnakeByte on January 28, 2016, 11:35:16 AM
As mentioned in another thread, there can be times where an update doesn't complete while in silent mode.  Currently this prevents PatchMyPc from completing any other updates since it processes each update one at a time and will wait indefinitely for each to finish.

What I'd like is to be able to set a timeout period where it will terminate and give up on an update if it doesn't complete within the time specified.

Heinz

I just ran into this with the KeePass update. So I activated "Skip update Installation if conflicting processes are running". Do I have to republish the update after changing this setting to make it work?