• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

PMPC downloads (Umbrella Roaming Client 2.3.31)

Started by PaleFacedGinger, February 25, 2021, 03:02:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaleFacedGinger

Well this is proving to be a pain in the bum! We use Umbrella Roaming Client for internet proxy. This has all be fine until we have found ourselve with a 'bad version', namely 2.3.31.
Cisco claim that 2.3.31 would have only automatically updated if we were on "a 'staged' program" which we are not and that we must have installed it ourselves through PMPC/SCCM. Am I right in thinking that PMPC only downloads public releases of software? Meaning that Cisco must have released 2.3.31 in to the wild at some point. (It has since been shelved and 2.2.580 is now the current version!).

Andrew Jimenez (Patch My PC)

When we first released the umbrella client, we were unaware that they provided pre-release versions on their site as well as production versions. We have since moved to only releasing the production versions that they provide on their site, so the version we have in the catalog today is 2.2.580.

PaleFacedGinger

Okay, that makes sense. Thank you for getting back to me.

You are welcome! Sorry for any issues that this may have caused!

PaleFacedGinger

When stuff like this happens do you have a way to notify customers? Is their something I can sign up for?
Thanks.

We will typically post a notification in our release notes, although we didn't do that for this release. We are discussing internally the best way to notify customers for these types of things without becoming too spammy... The last thing we want to do is give our customers notification fatigue.