• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

App published to Intune doesn't get updated after changing in PMPC Publishing

Started by swhitcher, August 13, 2020, 10:35:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

swhitcher

I have published UltraVNC to Intune using the PatchMyPC Publishing service.  After testing the install on a client, I changed some of the settings for the app in the PatchMyPC Publishing settings (Added an inf file to include and added the /loadinf parameter to the command line).  After running a publishing service sync, I tested the app install again on a pc, but it doesn't appear to have used the updated command line or inf file. 

Looking through the patchmypc log file (attached), I see when the sync ran it updated the updated command line argument and the additional file on the package source for configmgr and triggered a package refresh, but when it gets to the intune part it just says that the app is already published, with no indication that it sees changes which need to be published to the server.

Justin Chalfant (Patch My PC)

You will need to delete the Intune app using the Intune app manager: https://patchmypc.com/intune-application-creation-options#topic5 and run a sync to re-create it.

We can't updated existing apps on the fly for Intune with the way the .intunewin file is created.

swhitcher

Will do, thanks.  I assumed it would recreate the intunewin file and upload it to the same app, or create a new app and copy the assignments over like it is set to when an updated app is created.  If that's not possible, you might want to consider a pop up notice when making changes to an intune app's settings that tells users that we will have to delete and republish the app for the change to take effect.

Justin Chalfant (Patch My PC)