• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Opera 68.0.3618.165 (x64) An web error occurred while downloading the file: Unkn

Started by [email protected], June 14, 2020, 10:43:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

[email protected]

Opera 68.0.3618.165 (x64). An web error occurred while downloading the file: UnknownError An exception occurred during a WebClient request.

Two nights in a row this update has failed to download. No mention if it is an SSL issue or source issue. All other updates have processed without issue.

Justin Chalfant (Patch My PC)

What happens if you try to download it in a browser on the server?

Quote from: [email protected] on June 14, 2020, 10:43:34 AM
Opera 68.0.3618.165 (x64). An web error occurred while downloading the file: UnknownError An exception occurred during a WebClient request.

Two nights in a row this update has failed to download. No mention if it is an SSL issue or source issue. All other updates have processed without issue.

[email protected]

Thanks, Justin, the site did not open in IE. A further look showed the same SSL/TLS cipher issues from the past.

[email protected]

Justin, I may have spoken too soon. I verified that I can, in fact, go to the download page and "save as" to the downloads folder using IE. Could it be that the download page has the pop-up that asks to run/save/save as?

Andrew Jimenez (Patch My PC)

Would you be able to submit a support request for this https://patchmypc.com/technical-support? I think we could solve it pretty quickly via a remote session. Please put that you are requesting a remote session with Andrew for this. Thanks!