• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Firefox 68 ESR being installed and removing version 76

Started by rcarr, May 15, 2020, 02:02:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rcarr

We're getting reports from customers stating that if Mozilla Firefox 76 or 76.0.1 is being installed or updated - the clients are removing that version and installing ESR 68. I've reviewed the System Logs on a couple clients and can confirm that this is happening via the detection/update process. Not sure if the code is contaminated or a version rule is incorrect. We had both regular current production Firefox and Firefox ESR as update products - I've since removed the ESR option.

Andrew Jimenez (Patch My PC)

Hello,

Could you please get us the logs, through our technical support email would probably be the best: https://patchmypc.com/technical-support

I did a quick check on the applicability rules and installers for those updates, and everything seems to check out right now, so I'd like to see the logs showing what is going on. Thanks!

rcarr

rcarr

Thank you for investigation and a quick resolution. Appreciate the help and the logic behind what occurred. Justin and Andrew are fantastic and very knowledgeable on this product! Thank you for all your efforts on this product, and thank you again for your help today.

Andrew Jimenez (Patch My PC)

Thanks, and thank you for working with us!

If anyone else is running into this issue, we found that an old migration update for Firefox to Firefox ESR was still showing for this user. This update had been expired previously, but somehow wasn't expired in this case. We will be re-adding the expired update to the catalog to ensure that it is truly expired for all users.

The workaround until we publish a new catalog update is to decline the updates using our Modify Updates Wizard.