• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Detection issue with Box Tools (Box Edit)

Started by BobS, March 24, 2018, 09:41:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BobS

There is a detection issue with the Box Tools application in the PatchMyPC catalog.

Basically, it's installing Box Tools irrespective of a previous version being installed on the system. This resulted in the unintended installation of Box Tools on several hundred systems before it came to our attention. Please fix the detection mechanism.

Justin Chalfant (Patch My PC)

Hi Bob,

Are you sure that BoxTools wasn't installed on these machines? I'm looking at the rules in SCUP now and things looks good. The only way it would be detected is if Box Edit.exe is on the device in Program Files or Program Files (x86).

BoxTools (Box Edit) 4.0.8.413:

BoxTools (Box Edit) 4.0.7.411:

BoxTools (Box Edit) 4.0.10.415:

Not being detect on machines that don't have it installed:

BobS

Please see attached document. My rules for 4.0.7.411 & 4.0.7.413 look like this. They read "WSUS generated MSI Installable(or Installed) Rule (read-only)." The rules for 4.0.7.415 read as you documented. Possibly, the rules for rules for 4.0.7.411 & 4.0.7.413 are the issue. One of these was installed and then upgraded to 4.0.7.415.

Just followed up via email. Lets followup there and possibly a remote session if needed.

Gilbertnut

I have the same problem with you. I want to know how to fix it, right?

Ó╣üÓ©ùÓ©çÓ©ÜÓ©¡Ó©ÑÓ©¡Ó©¡Ó©ÖÓ╣äÓ©ÑÓ©ÖÓ╣î

Quote from: Gilbertnut on March 29, 2018, 02:09:02 AM
I have the same problem with you. I want to know how to fix it, right?

We believe his issue was due to SCUP crashing during an import. What we did is delete the updates and re-import the catalog then the rules where there. Just re-publish after the new import.