• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Recent posts

Hey MS,

That's wonderful new and thanks for the update. We'll go ahead and mark this as resolved. However, if you need anything else don't hesitate to reach back out!
Hello Kyle,

thanks for the update.
Publishing of first install and update of VMware Player is working again.
Request New Features or Software (Free Home Updater) / DropIt
Last post by Simpuhl - July 02, 2024, 03:07:32 PM
http://www.dropitproject.com/

What is DropIt?
When you need to organize files, DropIt can eliminate much of the drudgery of searching and manually opening folders and moving files around.

Drop a group of different files and folders on the floating DropIt image and it sorts them to defined destination folders, compresses or extracts them, opens them with associated programs or performs other defined actions.

You can define how to filter your files (by name, directory, size, date, properties, content, regular expressions) and associate one of the 21 available actions to perform (Move, Copy, Compress, Extract, Rename, Delete, Split, Join, Encrypt, Decrypt, Open With, Print, Upload, Send by Mail, Create Gallery, Create List, Create Playlist, Create Shortcut, Copy to Clipboard, Change Properties and Ignore). You can also organize your associations in profiles and automatically scan monitored folders at a defined time interval to process included files.
Hello again,

Update from our end. We have finally secured a solution to have the new version of this installer type in the catalog. This new version has now been added to the catalog and should be ready to go.
Hi Merlinator!
ah, I have to set it during the individual intallation,
without the silent version then
- that helps , thank you for the information!
To set a custom installation folder in Patch My PC:

• Open Patch My PC Home Updater.
  • Navigate to the "Apps" list.
  • Select the software you want to install or update.
  • Look for an option or setting that allows you to specify the installation directory.
  • Typically, you'll find this option either during the initial setup or in the software's settings/preferences within Patch My PC.
By configuring the installation directory for each application within Patch My PC, you can ensure they install directly to your secondary drive without altering global Windows settings that may affect other applications like MS Office or browsers.
General Questions (Free Home Updater) / Re: Remove DriverEasy
Last post by keithsalinas - July 02, 2024, 07:35:13 AM
I agree, given the recent changes in DriverEasy's pricing and functionality, it seems prudent to reconsider its inclusion in the PMP. The shift from a partially free model to a fully paid model in version 6.0.0, where even basic functionality is limited, undermines its utility as a free tool. Users rely on accessibility and functionality in project management software, so this change is significant.
You have TortoiseSVN but not TortoiseGit
https://tortoisegit.org/download/
Hey PDowell,

If the updates you deploy from ConfigMgr just sit as available in the Software Center, please look at the ADR deployment configuration.
On the Deployment Schedule tab, you should see the configuration.
The update is likely deployed as available with a deadline X days in the future.

If you're still having issues with this, please open a support case with us, and we'll take it from there.
Thanks for sharing that article with us, Joe. It's really useful.
Unfortunately, that is something outside of our control. We cannot manage that.

@Joe, offtopic. your username was configured to be your complete email address and was publicly available.
I have renamed your user account to "JoeM".
I hope that's fine.