• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

multiple apps not installing

Started by scott.fox1984, November 18, 2019, 10:47:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scott.fox1984

good afternoon, we have reports from Several issues happening, we haven't been able to install the latest versions of GIT, filezilla, notepad++ slack, vmware remote console, and bluejeans.

i noticed in my applications

<CommandLine>/MainFile=BlueJeans.2.16.760m.msi├┐/MainArg=REBOOT=ReallySuppress</CommandLine>

is that ├┐ suppose to be there? every one of my apps has that in the name

Justin Chalfant (Patch My PC)

The ├┐ is expected and is a separator. Can you send the following logs on the client where the app is failing:

https://patchmypc.com/collecting-log-files-for-patch-my-pc-support#application-troubleshooting-client-logs

Quote from: scott.fox1984 on November 18, 2019, 10:47:49 AM
good afternoon, we have reports from Several issues happening, we haven't been able to install the latest versions of GIT, filezilla, notepad++ slack, vmware remote console, and bluejeans.

i noticed in my applications

<CommandLine>/MainFile=BlueJeans.2.16.760m.msi├┐/MainArg=REBOOT=ReallySuppress</CommandLine>

is that ├┐ suppose to be there? every one of my apps has that in the name

scott.fox1984

i do not see the patchmypcscriptrunner logs

Please send the others mentioned.

Quote from: scott.fox1984 on November 18, 2019, 01:43:31 PM
i do not see the patchmypcscriptrunner logs

scott.fox1984

ill have more shortly after they send them to me from the field

In AppDiscovery.log, I don't even see that this machine has got to the point of even evaluating the BlueJeans application.

Are you sure it's being targetted to this device and there are no other issues? Did you try to make it an available deployment and manually run it in software center to test?

Quote from: scott.fox1984 on November 19, 2019, 09:28:13 AM
ill have more shortly after they send them to me from the field

scott.fox1984

these are coming down through the "updates" section not so much the application deployments. sorry if i posted in the wrong place, i thought of it as a app install but its really 3rd party updates.

Jacques Guillory

For troubleshooting update installations, can you please send the following client logs?

%WinDir%\CCM\Logs\ScanAgent.log
%WinDir%\CCM\Logs\UpdatesDeployment.log
%WinDir%\CCM\Logs\WUAHandler.log
%WinDir%\CCM\Logs\PatchMyPC-ScriptRunner.log (If exist)
%WinDir%\WindowsUpdate.log

scott.fox1984

my apologies heres the new logs

Jacques Guillory

From the UpdatesDeployment.log:

"GetUpdate - failed to get targeted update, error = 0x87d00215"

Upon doing an error lookup:
"Item not found

Source: System Center Configuration Manager
-----"

Any chance that there is an antivirus running on these machines? It could be quarantining a certain file leading to that "Item no found" error.

Jacques Guillory

I'm also seeing another common error in the WUAHandler log.  0x800b0109.

Please see the following KB article addressing this error, and let us know if this solves your issue.

https://patchmypc.com/third-party-updates-fail-to-install-with-error-0x800b0109-in-sccm

scott.fox1984

that was sorta the answer.

So in our environment we have 3 different client settings within SCCM due to the Wave cycles we run. and i had turned on the 3rd party updates on the Default settings, but forgot to check the other two which was still set to off. and that fixed it once i turned it on