Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
PatchMyPC: Until you support MUI, please don't install regular/ single language Adobe Acrobat Reader DC over it.
Hello, I have been asked to make available the .net Core SDK packages however I cannot find them in the Catalog.  When I look at user voice it says these were released.  Have I missed these being dropped or is there something else going on here?

James

Hello, they were in our catalogue but were removed because Microsoft now supply updates for them via WSUS. We noted this in our end of life page and you'll also notice the product is no longer listed in our supported products listing.

Adam

Thank you for the reply.  I understand why this has been dropped as this is now available in WSUS but as we are an Intune Only setup it would be good to be able to base install the .net core SDK's via Intune.  I am guessing that these updates will come from WUfB if MS have also added them to the WSUS catalog.

James
Hi,
Is the following scenario also supported?

1. Scan the offline PC for actual versions of installed software.
2. Check updates on an online pc for the offline PC. (So I don't need to now which files I need to download actually and collect this info myself)
3. Download those updates.
4. Install the downloaded updates on the offline PC.
The binaries are downloaded directly from the vendor's website.

Hey,

I am evaluating third-party SCCM/Intune catalogs, Patch My PC seems the most promising, but I have a question.

Does Patch My PC have permission from software vendors to provide updates for their software?

For instance I was reading the EULA for DisplayLink and it says:
10.0.0.0.1 192.168.0.1 192.168.1.254

You may not install, copy, modify, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, create derivative works from, rent, sell, distribute, sublicense, offer as a service or transfer any part of the Software except as provided in this EULA or as permitted by applicable law...

So do you have permissions from the vendor? Is it even breaking copyright law as I am not familiar with it.

Thank you in advance.
Hey,

I am evaluating third-party SCCM/Intune catalogs, Patch My PC seems the most promising, but I have a question.

Does Patch My PC have permission from software vendors to provide updates for their software?

For instance I was reading the EULA for DisplayLink and it says:
10.0.0.0.1 192.168.0.1 192.168.10.1

You may not install, copy, modify, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, create derivative works from, rent, sell, distribute, sublicense, offer as a service or transfer any part of the Software except as provided in this EULA or as permitted by applicable law...

So do you have permissions from the vendor? Is it even breaking copyright law as I am not familiar with it.

Thank you in advance.
Did you disable using Intune or through something like group policy?
I did not use Intune, just group policy.
You can export your settings from the advanced section however I'm guessing you'd like some more fine tune controls around that? You'll want to submit it as a request on our ideas page found here: https://ideas.patchmypc.com/
We're working with several PMP sites, and would like to know if it is possible to export / import an update configuration from one site to another?
The goal is to keep different sites in sync, and could also be used in a disaster recovery situation.

should this be a feature request?
Hello, I have been asked to make available the .net Core SDK packages however I cannot find them in the Catalog.  When I look at user voice it says these were released.  Have I missed these being dropped or is there something else going on here?

James

Hello, they were in our catalogue but were removed because Microsoft now supply updates for them via WSUS. We noted this in our end of life page and you'll also notice the product is no longer listed in our supported products listing.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10