• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Update for Microsoft PowerToys 0.58.0.0 (x64)

Started by Aleksander, June 01, 2022, 06:26:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aleksander

On all PCs:
Package installation failed, contact the software vendor (0x80073CF9)

Cody Mathis (Patch My PC)

Hello,

This is a known issue that we have listed below. You can search for PowerToys and find it. We have removed this product from the catalog until it is resolved.

https://patchmypc.com/known-issues-and-considerations-when-using-patch-my-pc#topic1

beanjst

I cant see the issue listed there in the known issues list; has there been a fix or change of status for this?
Seems that it tries to trigger with an account that doesnt have full permissions; when running with the App, it pops up with a user prompt and seems to run with the user context therefore fails due to access denied (Not sure if this is the same as the issue that was meant to be listed).

Cody Mathis (Patch My PC)

Hello,

This issue was resolved by Microsoft at this time. The latest PowerToys installer that Patch My PC provides should work as expected.

beanjst

Was pulling my hair out for a while; found the issue was the old network firewall blocking the extra download.visualstudio.microsoft.com for dotnetruntime6. Error was hidden in the windows\temp\powertoys-bootstrapper.....log.
Scriptrunner was just spitting out exit code 5 until i got that fixed, so all sorted.

puchna8

Thanks for this thread..  19216811.bid
panorama charter com