• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Recent posts

Thanks for the quick reply, really appreciated! (And totally understand why the icon would only show based on your tests.)
Hey PS_Alex,

Thanks for sharing the love of the new iconography :)

We will only add icons for apps that are tested by us that should be closed during an update. When you enable MCP for an app that we deem it not required by default, we will not add an icon beside the entry. The entry in supportedproducts.xml is used to populate a table on our website at https://patchmypc.com/known-issues-and-considerations-when-using-patch-my-pc#topic2 to give the reason why we recommend that app is shutdown during the update process - typically because during our testing it fails if the user has the app open.

Thanks for the feedback, hope that answers your question :)
Cisco released a new version of Webex Meetings over the weekend, the same version was actually released at different times for the US and Europe which is why some customers are seeing the hash error.

This will be updated in today's catalogue release.

Thanks,
Antony
OK, answering my own question for posterity...

It looks like PatchMyPC is actually using the SHA1 hash instead of SHA256 as stated in the previously-linked post, and then presenting the output value in base64 rather than hex.

The file currently coming from their CDN has a SHA1 hash of D0AD5A6FD778D279189E2F1A00AF8345DE6EE9A5 (in hex, e.g. what you'll get back from Get-FileHash or from uploading it to VirusTotal) or 0K1ab9d40nkYni8aAK+DRd5u6aU= (in base64 - note that you can't just b64 encode the hex *string* but have to treat it as an actual hex value to get this).
Not sure what that hash value is.  https://patchmypc.com/forum/index.php?topic=5789.0 says that PMPC uses the SHA256 value, but neither one of those values is SHA256.  Looks more like base64 output.  ???

SHA256 hash of the file coming from the Akamai CDN right now is 9E881DBF1661FFD8CB0DF0A45D56D7DB8542D47EDEB6D5A1DE44E08AE36931F6, for whatever that's worth.
Hello!

I took notice of the addition of icons in the product treeview now indicate if the product requires local content, or is configured to skip the install if running by default -- which is great!

Quick question: does this new change only add icons when these ability are determined as required by Patch My PC, or should they also appear when we enable "Manage Conflicting Process"? (Behind the scene, I suspect the Publisher only display the MCP icon for apps/updates having a McpDefaultEnabled element in supportedproducts.xml, and would not use a BlockingProcessManagementPolicy element from Settings.xml as another source for displaying the icon.)

Reading the McpDefaultEnabled element in supportedproducts.xml, I find there is useful information about why PMP recommends/enabled MCP by default for a specific app/update -- for example, for Jaspersoft Studio (EXE-x64): <McpDefaultEnabled>Returns Exit Code 1, update will fail if application is open during update process.</McpDefaultEnabled>. Is that information displayed textually somewhere in the Publisher Console?

Thanks! :)
Hey BugsBunny, thanks for enabling the Custom Apps connection. Its normal to see this if you have not added any Custom Apps yet. I think the team are working on how we log errors for our cloud connection - it infers something is broken but it actually means something less evil. If you create a custom app and the error persists in the log, please let us know! Thanks, Ben.
We recently enabled the Patch My PC Cloud Connection. When I click the "Test Connection" button, the connection status tells me I'm connected. We haven't added any custom apps yet.

Wondering if that's the reason (because we haven't added any apps yet) I'm seeing the following "error" messages (that aren't really errors) in the PatchMyPC.log file:

An error occurred while getting the list of supported products [Status code: 404]: Not Found
Response:
 [PatchMyPC_Core.Cloud.Api.AppCat.ApiException] HResult: -2146233088

An error occurred while getting the list of vendors:
---> Failed to get the list of custom supported products [Status code: NotFound] [System.Exception] HResult: -2146233088

An empty XML payload was retrieved from the cloud. If there are no applications published then this is expected.

I'm pretty certain that's what the messages are referring to, but just wanted to get some confirmation. Thanks!
We're seeing the same error, with the same hash values.
Quote from: Antony (Patch My PC) on April 22, 2024, 02:37:00 AMHi Paul,

Thanks for reaching out!

Can you please send the logs listed below over to [email protected] so we can investigate this issue?

%PatchMyPCInstallDirectory%\PatchMyPC.log
%PatchMyPCInstallDirectory%\PatchMyPC*.lo_
%PatchMyPCInstallDirectory%\Settings.xml
%PatchMyPCInstallDirectory%\PatchMyPC-DownloadHistory.csv
%PatchMyPCInstallDirectory%\PatchMyPC-PublishingHistory.csv

Once we have these logs, we can look into why this issue is occurring.

Thank you,
Antony

Email sent with logs.  Thanks