• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Recent posts

I think Home updater. Program says Patch My PC Updater 4.5.0.4
Hey Pappi

We have a work item internally to resolve this by adding a list of new allowed characters, but we are at the mercy of what characters Intune supports and we need to figure out what that list is!

In the mean time, I suggest simply removing the illegal character from the display name of the application when adding it to the custom apps portal
Hey Dany,

Thank you for reaching out to support.

Can you please help me with the below questions :

1. Are you using the PMPC home updater or PMPC publisher to deploy apps and updates to your environment ?

Awaiting your response.

Regards,
Raunak
But no answer from support???
As I mentioned previously neither of these suggestions actually help in practice. I already went the route of a support ticket to PMPC and was told its out of scope so this really was me trying to reach out to see if any other PMPC customers have developed working solutions.

Thanks
Hello
 Jake gave you a very good suggestion and a article about ESP:https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/mem/intune/enrollment/windows-enrollment-status
That is really all we can suggest at this time, we try to keep this forum open for support issues with the supported products not publishing into the different environments. Reddit does have a number of posts around this: https://www.reddit.com/r/Intune/comments/1aexbbg/autopilot_esp_timeouts_at_device_setup/
Hi Sundi
 The delay is what is holding it back, If you selective sync or regular sync it still going to honor the global delay setting.  You may need to revisit not using the delay and using the updates to do the upgrades and apps for net new installs.  Tends to allow you the flexibility for ad hoc testing of apps.
Is anyone able to suggest a working solution to deploying a large volume of application updates without having a significant impact on Autopilot deployment?

We tested the suggestion of blocking apps via ESP but that doesn't seem to have any impact on the problem. If we have 40 application updates being deployed it would seem it still runs through the detection method to see whether they are applicable in an uncontrollable order. We end up hitting timeout limits or the process becomes a terrible experience for the user.

Other suggestions such as setting a custom attribute post-enrolment for use in a dynamic group would solve the initial enrolment problem but not work in the event we fresh start the device.

Its the same issue as described here which never really got a resolution but hoping someone can offer a working process as this is really a fundamental feature.
https://patchmypc.com/forum/index.php?topic=6931.0
We have our ConfigMgr apps in-place upgrades delayed for five days but sometimes I may need to sync to ConfigMgr immediately to change settings, troubleshooting or to begin testing an application. I tried the Selective Sync option but this just put the new application in the queue as well.
Is it possible to force an application to sync earlier?
Hi,
I have same issue. My FF installation is in italian (it), then, after update, I run Firefox and it is in us language.