• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Problems with Log files being created

Started by iTony888, October 31, 2022, 03:34:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iTony888

PatchMyPc Updater version: 45.0.0
Windows 11
version: 10.0.22621
build: 22621

I have 2 problems:

1)I have a problem where the software keeps creating log files even though it's disable in the Logging Options menu.

2)If I change the log path to a different location it doesn't work. Always creates logs in default location.

Mothertrucker

I just tested this with version 4.5.0.0 and couldn't reproduce the behaviour you're describing.

When the setting "Disable Patch My PC Log File" under "Logging Options" is checked, I don't get any log file being generated in the same directory/path as the PatchMyPC executable (the default log file output path).

If I uncheck that setting and then change the log file path to another local path, it's generated in that directory.

This is on a Windows 11 system.

Albertos52

robwolfe

I also get log files being created despite selecting not to have them. Inside the log file I get "C:\Users\Bob\Desktop\Cleaners\PatchMyPC.ini does not exist"
Robert

spartanhooah

I am also having this same issue on two Windows 11 computers.

Albertos52

I don't get why this bug is not fixed yet.

iTony888

PatchMyPC was updated to version 4.5.0.1 and these problems still remains:

1)I have a problem where PatchMyPC keeps creating log files even though it's disable in the "Logging Options" menu.

2)If I change the log path to a different location it doesn't work. Always creates logs in default location.

Now I have a new problem:
1)After a program has been updated, it will auto launch after installation (I hate this).

I'm assuming the reasons why these aren't fixed yet is because they are low priory problems and doesn't interfere with the way PatchMyPC updates.

iTony888

I'm using 4.5.0.3 on 4 different computers and the problems that I listed have not been resolved.