• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

iTunes Install fails using cached version

Started by djice, March 05, 2018, 10:57:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

djice

Error that I get is "Some installation files are corrupt.  Please download a fresh copy and retry the installation.".  Exit code 3.  I deleted the installer from the cache folder and forced it to re-download but still got the same error.

I tried the update with cache mode disabled and it would not even start the download of iTunes.

I have tried on 3 of my computers and it does the same thing on all three, all other updates/installs go fine using PatchMyPC.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks for such a wonderful app.
Shaun

Justin Chalfant (Patch My PC)

djice

Still getting the error.

I attached the screenshots of the error if that helps.

I was able to install iTunes manually from the iTunes downloader.  If I try to run the file that is downloaded in the cache folder it errors the same way as when it runs in PatchMyPC.

street9009

I realize this is an ancient topic, but this is happening to me now as well. I downloaded the file directly from the path referenced in the PatchMyPC.log file and the same happens when I execute manually. Is there a workaround for this?

ChuckM6421

First time posting here, and came here for the same (or similar) reason.

PMPC keeps trying to install iTunes v12.11.0.26 and reports it's successful.

But when I start iTunes it shows me v12.10.10 and is the current version.
PMPC will do this this every night (on my schedule).

Meanwhile, maybe the biggest clue: When I try to download Apple's latest and install it, it says it's only compatible with Windows 10

Please advise.

Windows 7 Home Premium x64, fully up to date.
No other PMPC issues.