• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

DYMO Connect 1.3.2.18 - fatal error showing in Intune console

Started by barberj66, September 13, 2021, 04:52:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

barberj66

We have been notified by one of our users that they receive an error when trying to install Dymo connect via the Company portal
They just get a failed to install error showing in there.

On checking in the Intune console I can see up to now 5 people have tried to install the app but the same failure has been recorded on all machines
Fatal error during installation (0x80070643)

Running the 2.0.9.0 version of the publisher

I'm going to attempt the same app on my machine to see if I get the same results so if logs are required please let me know what you may need

Edit: Just tried on my machine with the same result,
Looking into the script runner log it seems to exit with a 1603

<![LOG[Running application install: DCDSetup1.3.2.18.exe]LOG]!><time="13:03:56.305+000" date="09-13-2021" component="PerfTimerLogger" context="" type="1" thread="1" file="">
<![LOG[Installation file has run, exit code is: 1603]LOG]!><time="13:05:34.932+000" date="09-13-2021" component="ScriptRunner" context="" type="1" thread="1" file="">
<![LOG[Running application install: DCDSetup1.3.2.18.exe finished with Elapsed Time: 01 minutes 38 seconds 628 milliseconds]LOG]!><time="13:05:34.934+000" date="09-13-2021" component="PerfTimerLogger" context="" type="1" thread="1" file="">

Added a screen of the intune management ext log, let me know if theres a best place to upload or send the full logs if needed

Scott (Patch My PC)

Hey

I just published Dymo fresh into my lab and deployed it fine, So I'd be very keen to see some log files.

If you could collect them and email them to me at [email protected] that'd be great!

These logs can be found on your client devices,

• %ProgramData%\PatchMyPCIntuneLogs\PatchMyPC-ScriptRunner.log
  • %ProgramData%\PatchMyPCIntuneLogs\PatchMyPC-SoftwareDetectionScript.log
  • %ProgramData%\PatchMyPCIntuneLogs\PatchMyPC-SoftwareUpdateDetectionScript.log
  • %ProgramData%\Microsoft\IntuneManagementExtension\Logs\AgentExecutor.log
  • %ProgramData%\Microsoft\IntuneManagementExtension\Logs\IntuneManagementExtension.log
  • %ProgramData%\PatchMyPC\PatchMyPC-UserNotification.log

Also if you can grab these files from where ever you are running the Patch My PC Publisher

• %PatchMyPCInstallDirectory%\PatchMyPC.log
  • %PatchMyPCInstallDirectory%\PatchMyPC*.lo_
  • %PatchMyPCInstallDirectory%\Settings.xml

barberj66

Christer

barberj66

Hi we had a setting ticked that was causing a problem with this so removed it deleted the app and then published again.

I'll add the screenshot as an attachment and there was a link Scott provided also to explain what was going on

https://patchmypc.com/manage-conflicting-processes-when-updating-third-party-applications

it was the managing conflicting process part that caused the problem for us.