• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

CDBurnerXP

Started by dantutty, May 01, 2018, 05:06:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dantutty

Hi

I have some instances of CDBurnerXP 4.5.7 (x64) deployed, yet I have a required count of 0 for 4.5.8 (x64). The package was published into WSUS last week, so has had ample time to detect this.

Thanks

Dan

Justin Chalfant (Patch My PC)

Could you let me know if these rules would check out on your machine with the older version installed?

dantutty

Hi

Unfortunately, not with the registry key in the rule. My machine does not have cdbxpp.exe under the Applications registry key.

Thanks

Dan

Interesting, do you have the original installer your used for your install?

dantutty

Hi

Sorry about the delay. Yes, I still have the original installer that is installed to my machine. The file is cdbxp_setup_4.5.7.6623_x64_minimal.exe. Would you like it attached to a subsequent post?

Thanks

Dan

Omar (Patch My PC)

We are using the msi installers of CDBurnerXP, probably that's the cause of the problem, We will check if msi can replace the exe.

dantutty

We did some testing looks like the MSI doesn't remove the EXE could you use the MSI for your deployments?

dantutty

Yes... I have uninstalled the exe install and deployed the newest MSI to workstations. I now have that registry key on my machine, so the next release will update OK.

Thanks for your help.