• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Notapad++ 8.1.1 x64 not being applied

Started by adrianb, July 13, 2021, 04:36:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

adrianb

It seems the lastest notepad+ 8.1.1 update doesnt seem to be applicable to existing notepad++ x64 installs

All my notepad++ installs dont seem to want to install the latest updates and its seems not applicable

Andrew Jimenez (Patch My PC)

Hello,

Can you confirm the deployment method? WSUS/ConfigMgr App/Intune App?

What version of Notepad++ are you currently running? I just checked on my test box and it is 8.1.1 x64 is showing as applicable for me.

Here is the applicability rules for Notepad ++ 8.1.1 x64. If you can check that these registry values exist:
<lar:And>
  <bar:RegValueExists Key="HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" Subkey="SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Notepad++" Value="DisplayVersion" />
  <bar:RegSzToVersion Comparison="LessThan" Data="8.1.1.0" Value="DisplayVersion" Key="HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" Subkey="SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Notepad++" />
  <bar:WindowsVersion Comparison="GreaterThan" MajorVersion="5" MinorVersion="1" ServicePackMajor="3" />
</lar:And>

adrianb

i can confirm those keys exist
this is on windows 10 20H2

Interesting, I think we'll need to collect logs for this can you please open a support case here: https://patchmypc.com/technical-support
Please include the following logs from a device where the software is not showing as applicable:
%WinDir%\CCM\Logs\CAS*.log
%WinDir%\CCM\Logs\DeltaDownload*.log
%WinDir%\CCM\Logs\DataTransferService*.log
%WinDir%\CCM\Logs\PatchMyPC-ScriptRunner.log (If exist)
%WinDir%\CCM\Logs\ScanAgent*.log
%WinDir%\CCM\Logs\StateMessage.log
%WinDir%\CCM\Logs\UpdatesDeployment*.log
%WinDir%\CCM\Logs\UpdatesHandler*.log
%WinDir%\CCM\Logs\UpdatesStore*.log
%WinDir%\CCM\Logs\WUAHandler*.log
%WinDir%\WindowsUpdate.log
You need to run Get-WindowsUpdateLog on Windows 8.1 and newer in PowerShell.

Thanks!