• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Timeout when downloading large files

Started by quertest, July 19, 2019, 11:04:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

quertest

Thank you for the implementation!!! The configuration of the Download Timeout works.

But could you raise the configurable upper limit to at least 600 seconds?

There is still a download that obviously takes longer than 5 minutes (http://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/tdf/libreoffice/stable/6.2.7/win/x86_64/LibreOffice_6.2.7_Win_x64.msi).

Justin Chalfant (Patch My PC)

Yeah, in the next preview build we could allow it up to 600 I think.

Quote from: quertest on October 11, 2019, 06:34:28 AM
Thank you for the implementation!!! The configuration of the Download Timeout works.

But could you raise the configurable upper limit to at least 600 seconds?

There is still a download that obviously takes longer than 5 minutes (http://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/tdf/libreoffice/stable/6.2.7/win/x86_64/LibreOffice_6.2.7_Win_x64.msi).

quertest

Thanks for the adjustment! With the registry key DownloadTimeout=600 and the new preview version 1.5.4.2 all current downloads were successful for the first time!
The only thing that doesn't seem to be right is the display in the log. There I still see "Download timeout is 300000 milliseconds".

The current preview only allows up to 300 seconds. That's why in the log you see that.

Quote from: quertest on October 14, 2019, 01:58:59 AM
Thanks for the adjustment! With the registry key DownloadTimeout=600 and the new preview version 1.5.4.2 all current downloads were successful for the first time!
The only thing that doesn't seem to be right is the display in the log. There I still see "Download timeout is 300000 milliseconds".

quertest

I just saw in the log that the download of the LibreOffice x64 version on Sunday took only 3 minutes 42 seconds (=222 seconds). The days before were always more than 5 minutes (=300 seconds) required for the download.

Since the required download time obviously varies a lot, an increase to 600 seconds would be very helpful for us in any case.

np, we are planning to bump the max to 600 in the next preview build.

Quote from: quertest on October 14, 2019, 06:24:38 AM
I just saw in the log that the download of the LibreOffice x64 version on Sunday took only 3 minutes 42 seconds (=222 seconds). The days before were always more than 5 minutes (=300 seconds) required for the download.

Since the required download time obviously varies a lot, an increase to 600 seconds would be very helpful for us in any case.