• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC MUI 22.003.20263 auto Update and detection issue

Started by Bram_MECM, October 25, 2022, 03:38:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bram_MECM

Hi PMPC,

It looks like Adobe Acrobat Reader DC MUI 22.003.20263 Application deployment has brought new bugs:

1. Detection is failing again like the previous version (Previous report)
2. The "Adobe Acrobat Update Task" is created and enabled. So the Update_mode=0 is ignored. (Adobe issue?)

Ben Whitmore (Patch My PC)

Hey :)

Sorry its taken a while to respond on this thread.

I am just checking the MUI update in my lab now. Are you deploying from Intune or ConfigMgr?
Which additional parameters are you passing to the Adobe Reader Updates or are you using a MST to disable updates?

Ben Whitmore (Patch My PC)

Back again..

The update seems to be working in my lab for Adobe Acrobat Reader MUI (x86) when deployed from ConfigMgr

2022-10-25_16-59-20.png

2022-10-25_17-00-21.png 

Bram_MECM

Hi Ben,

I'm using ConfigMgr application deployment. I'm using the default settings from the package.

I am testing with the x64 version though (my bad for not mentioning this):

I am talking about the latest version. (20263 not 20258).

L.A

Experiencing the same issue.

The issue seems to lay here:
Row 147 in the detection script.

[hashtable]$RegKeyDetection = @{@{'SOFTWARE\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat\DC\Installer' = 'IsMUI'} = @{Value = '1';WOW6432Node = $False; Operator = '-eq'}

The registrykey "IsMUI" doesnt set any value at all.
If you change
"@{Value = '1'"
to
"@{Value = ''"
, it will detect the app.

But, i dont thinks its the detection script which is wrong, cause, if i uninstall the application from "Add remove programs" when it has installed but is not detected, and then install it via Software Center AGAIN, then the IsMUI value is the to "1"....

Bram_MECM

Quote from: L.A on October 27, 2022, 04:31:51 AMExperiencing the same issue.

The issue seems to lay here:
Row 147 in the detection script.

[hashtable]$RegKeyDetection = @{@{'SOFTWARE\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat\DC\Installer' = 'IsMUI'} = @{Value = '1';WOW6432Node = $False; Operator = '-eq'}

The registrykey "IsMUI" doesnt set any value at all.
If you change
"@{Value = '1'"
to
"@{Value = ''"
, it will detect the app.

But, i dont thinks its the detection script which is wrong, cause, if i uninstall the application from "Add remove programs" when it has installed but is not detected, and then install it via Software Center AGAIN, then the IsMUI value is the to "1"....

Funny thing. When I tried the install again this morning, I noticed the same. Detection worked.

Andrew Jimenez (Patch My PC)

It looks like for some reason it is not setting the IsMUI key in some cases. I am working on updating detection to account for this.

Andrew Jimenez (Patch My PC)

I have adjusted detection for Adobe Acrobat Reader MUI (x64) to detect whether it was MUI based on the Product code instead of the IsMUI registry value. Anyone having this issue can republish the Intune Update/ConfigMgr App/Intune App, and detection will be adjusted.

Thanks for pointing this issue out!