• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

LibreOffice

Started by MrNovi, September 04, 2019, 12:15:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrNovi

Why hasn't LibreOffice been updated from 6.2.5.2 to 6.2.6? 6.2.6 was released three weeks ago on August 14, 2019 as a security update.

From the LibreOffice website.

"Berlin, August 14, 2019 ÔÇô The Document Foundation announces LibreOffice 6.2.6, the sixth minor release of the LibreOffice 6.2 family, targeted at users in production environments. All users of LibreOffice 6.1.x and LibreOffice 6.2.x versions should upgrade immediately for enhanced security, as the software includes both security fixes and some months of back-ported fixes."

I would think that three weeks would be more than enough time to for it to replace 6.2.5.2 in PatchMyPC considering it is a Security Update. You had Firefox 69 up within 24 hours.

Yes I know that I can download the software directly from the LibreOffice website and update it manually (something I have already done), but that isn't the point. The issue is why isn't a Security Update like this being addressed in a timely fashion?

Omar (Patch My PC)

We are sorry we missed it somehow, it's up to date now :)

MrNovi

MrNovi

Wouldn't you know it. No sooner did you get 6.2.6.2 in and they released 6.2.7 today. Not meaning to push, just letting you know.

Omar (Patch My PC)

I already updated it a couple of hours ago :) This is how fast we are usually! I apologize again about the delay of the previous one.

MrNovi

Don't worry about it. Stuff happens and usually updates are there within a day. I just thought it was rather humerous that no sooner do you get one update out for it than a new one showed u.

aminou

Quote from: MrNovi on September 04, 2019, 12:15:02 PM
Why hasn't LibreOffice been updated from 6.2.5.2 to 6.2.6? 6.2.6 was released three weeks ago on August 14, 2019 as a security update.

From the LibreOffice website.

"Berlin, August 14, 2019 ÔÇô The Document Foundation announces LibreOffice 6.2.6, the sixth minor release of the LibreOffice 6.2 family, targeted at users in production environments. All users of LibreOffice 6.1.x and LibreOffice 6.2.x versions should upgrade immediately for enhanced security, as the software includes both security fixes and some months of back-ported fixes."

I would think that three weeks would be more than enough time to for it to replace 6.2.5.2 in PatchMyPC considering it is a Security Update. You had Firefox 69 up within 24 hours.

Yes I know that I can download the software directly from the LibreOffice website and update it manually (something I have already done), but that isn't the point. The issue is why isn't a Security Update like this being addressed in a timely fashion?
Thank you