• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Recent posts

The latest builds allow you to set lower chunk size and threads.   I have set this and no longer have issues.
Neither of these get detected as needing to be updated when updates are available (PMPC 4.5.0.4).
Thanks Andrew, will give that a try!
The applicability scripts look for any older version of the software, unless the version number is called out specifically in the Product name in the Publisher.

What is likely happening is that you have deployed the 32-bit EXE while having a 64-bit MSI installed or some other combination of installer type and architecture. If the installer type or architecture of the update don't match, the update won't be applicable. If you think you have the 64-bit version of 7-zip, deploy both the MSI and EXE updates, and one of them should be applicable and update your device.
General Questions (Free Home Updater) / Re: PowerShell
Last post by guoliao - April 08, 2024, 07:41:30 AM
Yes, it is possible to run PatchMyPC through a PowerShell script. You can create a PowerShell script that automates the process of running PatchMyPC and updating software. Once the script is written, you can create a shortcut to it on your mom's desktop, allowing her to simply click on it to initiate the update process. This can help simplify the task for her while running silently in the background.
Hi All,

Currently trialling PMPC and playing with various settings. I've just created a 7-Zip app update and assigned it to myself only as a test. However it has said Not Applicable in Intune, I assume because I'm on an older version (21.07) than it is trying to update to (23.01) and assuming the PS script is looking for version 23.00?

If that's the case, how do I go about getting it to update? I wonder if it will be the same for other apps.

Thanks
Hello!

Jumping in 'cause I have a question which is the opposite: if I do not tick "Do not include the version number in the application name", does the Publishing Service reuse the application object in SCCM -- just like it does then "Do not include..." is enabled?

I always thought that I had to leave "Do not include..." unticked in order for PMP to reuse the same application object when a new version is released and retention is enabled, but now I'm curious if my reasoning is correct.
I'm interested in collecting feedback on these. Feel free to submit them on the ideas page. Device drivers become a very deep rabbit hole when it comes to testing, versioning and targeting for devices. So, in general, we are reticent to add them. However, we are also open to exploring new ideas.