• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Replace Patch My PC trial catalog with full (paid) catalog

Started by nevi, July 05, 2019, 03:11:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nevi

Hello

I am hoping to get some best practice suggestions for my task at hand.
After a successful POC with the trial catalog using the SCCM publishing, our company decided to subscribe to the Enterprise catalog.

Now, I would like to remove the current Patch My PC Trial Catalog and replace it with the full (paid) catalog. So my question is this: Is there any preferred specific process to follow to do this? Or is it enough to unsubscribe from the trial catalog and delete it? If so, do I also delete the existing SCCM Automatic Deployment Rule based on the trial catalog and create a new one based on the full (paid) catalog - or is the ADR usable with the latter?

Thank you very much for any help/suggestions.

Justin Chalfant (Patch My PC)

Hello,

If you have a full paid trial with your own custom URL, there's a good chance it will remain the same after you purchase and simply be converted to a customer subscription URL. You won't have to change anything.

Justin

Quote from: nevi on July 05, 2019, 03:11:35 AM
Hello

I am hoping to get some best practice suggestions for my task at hand.
After a successful POC with the trial catalog using the SCCM publishing, our company decided to subscribe to the Enterprise catalog.

Now, I would like to remove the current Patch My PC Trial Catalog and replace it with the full (paid) catalog. So my question is this: Is there any preferred specific process to follow to do this? Or is it enough to unsubscribe from the trial catalog and delete it? If so, do I also delete the existing SCCM Automatic Deployment Rule based on the trial catalog and create a new one based on the full (paid) catalog - or is the ADR usable with the latter?

Thank you very much for any help/suggestions.

nevi

Thank you for your reply.
However, we only used the public trial URL (https://patchmypc.com/trial-catalog-download). What is the best approach in this situation - so that we do not run into coexistance issues (if any) with the full paid Enterprise catalog URL?

Justin Chalfant (Patch My PC)

Just unsubscribe and delete the catalog for the trial prior to adding your URL.

It might be worth looking into our publishing service if you want full automation.

What's the Difference our Publishing Service and SCCM 1806+ In-Console Publishing? - https://patchmypc.com/faq-scup-catalog#publishing-service-vs-sccm-publishing