• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Connection prob, ISA Server (corp firewall)...

Started by Duncan, May 13, 2012, 07:09:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duncan

I'm unable to get a connection, so the s/w doesn't start.  Usual message, "Unable to load definition file from..."

The PC's run MS's ISA firewall client, and this sets IE to use the ISA server proxy, <name of the server>, on port 8080.

Does PatchMyPC use any other ports? - if so, I guess we need to open 'em in ISA.

Does PatchMyPC "honour" the IE settings for proxy server? (does it read and use 'em)?

Cheers,  great looking product, would love to be able to use it! :)  Duncan.

Justin Chalfant (Patch My PC)

Hmm I'm changing to way Patch My PC verifies the user has an internet connection in the next version hopefully this will fix this issue.

Currently Patch My PC doesn't read IE settings for internet settings. I will look into having a setting for this if the next version doesn't work.

Justin

Quote from: Duncan on May 13, 2012, 07:09:20 AM
I'm unable to get a connection, so the s/w doesn't start.  Usual message, "Unable to load definition file from..."

The PC's run MS's ISA firewall client, and this sets IE to use the ISA server proxy, <name of the server>, on port 8080.

Does PatchMyPC use any other ports? - if so, I guess we need to open 'em in ISA.

Does PatchMyPC "honour" the IE settings for proxy server? (does it read and use 'em)?

Cheers,  great looking product, would love to be able to use it! :)  Duncan.

Duncan

Awesome.  Thank you very much.  Cheers,  Duncan.

Duncan

Ah bummer, Let I'll see what I can find out. It's hard to me to troubleshot this since I don't run it through a proxy.