• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Pushing all updates at once

Started by Xolem, March 20, 2018, 03:40:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xolem

Hi,

Ok let me explain why i'm asking for that : I have 6 computers to keep up to date between home and work and a VERY shitty connection (the shittiest possible garbage ever, think 80's 56k but sold as ADSL for the price of optical fiber).

Today I started updating my first computer at home, 5 updates to download, fine. Did it.

Transfered the installers to second PC, started PatchMyPC with corresponding .ini file and launched the update, well there were already 3 new updates of other softwares.

Back to the loop on first computer, downloading again the new updates, transferring again to the second PC, and relaunch the updater.

This time no more updates, it ends, I rescan, 2 more updates appears...

Back to the loop, downloading, transfering, reapplying.

PC 2 done : Fiiiiiiouuuu at last, going to 3rd PC 5 meters away, 4 NEW UPDATES.

Called it a day before I threw the computers by the window.

So my request is the following : Would it be possible to push the updates all at once, so I can keep my mental sanity  :o ? Thank you in advance.  ;D

Justin Chalfant (Patch My PC)

If you enable download only mode you get an option to select all apps if that is what you are looking for to pre-download them? IT Pro Caching Mode may be a good option for you as well.

Xolem

It's not what I meant :) Yesterday apps were pushed on the server one by one, so my Offline Apps cache was constantly outdated by the time I installed on one PC and switched to the other.

It would be better (if technically possible, of course) to push all the new packages all at once everyday instead of one by one because we might be using the program at the same time and lack new updates every 5 minutes because they are pushed one by one instead of all at once.

It it more understandable like this?

Thanks for the support.