• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Option to have different install profiles

Started by GadgetGuy, March 13, 2018, 12:33:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GadgetGuy

Hi,
I used to use Ninite Pro & I had different offline installers for different types of pc's.
e.g. for my daytime job pc's I would install a smaller set of programs than I would on say a new pc for a computer shop customer.
One installer would include stuff like Citrix receiver, Remote Desktop.
The other installer would not include say Citrix but would include lots of other things like Thunderbird.

How can I do this in PatchMyPc?
I am thinking some option to have different "profiles" and the option to install a profile by clicking on it & saying install.

Justin Chalfant (Patch My PC)

This is an interesting idea. Right now, we only read the PatchMyPC.ini for auto loading apps. You could easily rename it and have multiple INI's with different settings and just name the one you want to use PatchMyPC.ini before running PatchMyPC.exe. This is an interesting approach though to maybe list a notification if there are multiple INI files and allow you to select it at runtime is something like that what you are looking for?

MerlinTheGreat

Maybe PMPC could add a command line option to point to the ini-file you want to use...
Maybe PMPC could even ask for a name to give the ini-file when saving and then, like Justin Chalfant wrote, list the ini-files available and select the one you need.

Justin Chalfant (Patch My PC)

This is something we should be able to add in a future release i think.