• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Disable update for Firefox does not stay disabled

Started by Peace2000, February 22, 2018, 11:45:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peace2000

Hello! For webbrowsing, I use both Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. I don't want Pmp to update them so I disabled them on Pmp.

However, everytime I close Pmp and open it again, Firefox goes enabled by itself:

https://images2.imgbox.com/71/bb/MTLZGChY_o.png

I can repeat this step many times and still, Firefox goes enabled everytime I close and open Pmp. Chrome does not have this issue.

Justin Chalfant (Patch My PC)

Thanks for reporting! We do have a repro. This will be fixed in the next update. This will be possible tomorrow or early next week!

Peace2000

Kelemvor

I have this same problem with Java 8.  I set them to not update, close the program, open it back up, and they're not set to not update any more.

Java 9 is working fine and so are the other things I've set.

I know that when I set something to not update it creates a registry key.  The registry key IS there and set correctly.  If I set ti to NOT update, then set it TO update, the key goes to a 0, if I set it to NOT updates, it goes back to a 1.  Ten when I close and re-open the program, even though the registry is still a 1, it will NOT be crossed off in the UI and WILL update the program.

Kelemvor

Just for fun, I wen through and set every app to NOT check for updates.  When I opened PMPC back up, the following apps were set TO check for updates:

Adobe Flash ActiveX 29.0.0.113
Java 8 Update 161 x64
Java 8 Update 161 x86
Microsoft Silverlight 5.1.50907.0
Firefox 59.0 x86
Firefox ESR 52.7.0 x64
Unchecky 1.1
Skype 7.40.0.151

And ALL the things under Portable Apps

If I had to guess, there's probably just a typo in the part that sets the registry key and the part that reads the registry keys to determine which apps should not get updates.

Doesn't sound very fun  :P we will get these fixed in the next update! Thanks for taking the time to do this and report back sometimes we miss things :)
Quote from: Kelemvor on March 13, 2018, 10:29:36 AM
Just for fun, I wen through and set every app to NOT check for updates.  When I opened PMPC back up, the following apps were set TO check for updates:

Adobe Flash ActiveX 29.0.0.113
Java 8 Update 161 x64
Java 8 Update 161 x86
Microsoft Silverlight 5.1.50907.0
Firefox 59.0 x86
Firefox ESR 52.7.0 x64
Unchecky 1.1
Skype 7.40.0.151

And ALL the things under Portable Apps

If I had to guess, there's probably just a typo in the part that sets the registry key and the part that reads the registry keys to determine which apps should not get updates.

Peace2000

I don't know which version do you refer to but at least on 4.0.0.8 this issue is not fixed yet (I tested).

I also tried those Java runtimes as Kelemvor mentioned and they are having the same issue.

We just released v 4.0.0.9 these apps should all be fixed! Thanks for reporting.

Peace2000

I confirm Firefox and Java 8. Thank you! 4.0.0.9 works.

Quote from: Peace2000 on March 16, 2018, 04:05:48 PM
I confirm Firefox and Java 8. Thank you! 4.0.0.9 works.

Very welcome thanks for reporting and using our product!  :)