Author Topic: Logging Location - 7Zip  (Read 255 times)

Offline PaleFacedGinger

• View Profile
Logging Location - 7Zip
« on: April 14, 2021, 03:38:28 AM »
Hi there,
I have noticed some 1622 erros when trying to install 7Zip from the Software Center. Investigating it I have found the issue. When looking in the CCMCache the Package.xml refers to an E: drive, as below...

<CommandLine>/MainFile=7z1900-x64.msiÿ"/MainArg=ALLUSERS=1 MSIRMSHUTDOWN=2 REBOOT=ReallySuppress"ÿ/SkipProcessList=7zFM.exe|7zG.exe|7z.exeÿ/ShortcutFileName=7-Zipÿ"/LoggingSwitch=/l {path}"ÿ/PrefixInstallLogÿ/LoggingPath=E:\PatchMyPCInstallLogs</CommandLine>

If I change it to C: and run 'PatchMyPC-ScriptRunner.exe /InstallPackage' from an elevated command prompt it installs fine with no issues.
So I checked the source and it is C:. I'm confused, was this a mistake that was fixed or is something else going on here? I have redistributed the application and it now works!

Offline Andrew Jimenez

• Patch My PC - Support Engineer
    • View Profile
Re: Logging Location - 7Zip
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2021, 09:28:24 AM »
Hi,

Can you check the right click option in the Patch My PC Publisher and see what you have set for the logging path there? https://patchmypc.com/custom-options-available-for-third-party-updates-and-applications#install-logging

Offline PaleFacedGinger

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2021, 09:46:11 AM »
It is set to C:\windows\ccm\logs\PatchMyPCInstallLogs

Offline Andrew Jimenez

• Patch My PC - Support Engineer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2021, 09:51:29 AM »
Can you please zip up and send the Backups folder from the patch My PC Publisher installation directory and send it over to [email protected]?