• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Firefox ESR replacing Firefox

Started by rbidness, September 27, 2018, 07:45:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rbidness

Every few days, I have to rip out Firefox ESR (thank you, Revo Uninstaller)and install the current release of Firefox (x64) because PatchMyPC has installed the ESR release. That lasts a few days until PatchMyPC AGAIN installs Firefox ESR and I have to go through the process all over again. Why is this happening? Am I doing something wrong??

Omar (Patch My PC)

You must have chosen Firefox ESR to install instead of the regular Firefox! Are you sure you are not selecting the ESR from Patch My PC ?

rbidness

Absolutely positive! Even after I uninstall ESR, and install the regular version, the next time I check PMPC (after a daily scheduled run), the ESR is installed right along side the regular version. Then I have to rip them both out and install the regular version, login in to sync, and let the add-ons and other settings catch up.

And here's a new wrinkle. Since I posted this yesterday, now PMPC shows both versions installed, although both Revo & 'Programs & Features' show only the regular version. I guess PMPC is seeing some setting or file that is common to both, and cannot differentiate between them.

Omar (Patch My PC)

Aha I think it's a bug and I think I know the problem now!
If you right-click on Firefox ESR will there be "Remove auto-install in PatchMyPC.ini" ?? if so then please select it to remove it and this should fix it!
The problem is when you you choose to "Add Auto-Install" Firefox it also adds Firefox ESR automatically ! This will be fixed in the next update, sorry about this!
Just let me know if "Remove auto-install in PatchMyPC.ini" worked for Firefox ESR.

rbidness

I've done this (I didn't realize the option was available. Thanks for that!), so now we'll see how it goes.