• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Republishing update more than once on the same day does not supersede the republished update

Started by quackpatch, June 25, 2019, 12:24:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

quackpatch

I fat-fingered an update script and had to republish content for the second time in one day. The first time worked flawlessly, appending the date onto the update name eg "Oracle Java 8 Update 211 8.0.2010.9 (x64) - (June 25, 2019)" and automatically superseding the previous update. However the second republish used the exact same name and did not supersede the previous one. What would you recommend at this stage?

Justin Chalfant (Patch My PC)

I'm pretty sure today, we would only supersede the actual catalog update, not a republished update. You can run the modify published updates wizard and decline the previously published (republished) update you don't want anymore.

Quote from: quackpatch on June 25, 2019, 12:24:13 AM
I fat-fingered an update script and had to republish content for the second time in one day. The first time worked flawlessly, appending the date onto the update name eg "Oracle Java 8 Update 211 8.0.2010.9 (x64) - (June 25, 2019)" and automatically superseding the previous update. However the second republish used the exact same name and did not supersede the previous one. What would you recommend at this stage?

quackpatch

Perfect that did the trick. It's a minor use case but I guess the expected behavior as per the "Supersede Previously Published Update" dialog was to supersede the previous update irrespective. Thanks for your help!

Justin Chalfant (Patch My PC)

We just launched a new feature request site: https://ideas.patchmypc.com/. This could be a good item to add the ability to also supersede any re-published updates in the even you republish multiple times.

Quote from: quackpatch on June 25, 2019, 06:51:32 PM
Perfect that did the trick. It's a minor use case but I guess the expected behavior as per the "Supersede Previously Published Update" dialog was to supersede the previous update irrespective. Thanks for your help!