• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Language Support

Started by crispy_nicia, April 11, 2019, 03:59:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crispy_nicia

Hello, is it possible to allow only one specific language in the paid catalogue - as long as the manufacturer supports that language? You can also specify the language in the Home Updater. I really miss this function in the paid catalogue. For example, if you update Mozilla Firefox ESR, it will be in English instead of German.

Justin Chalfant (Patch My PC)

We will be planning to add additional languages for software updates soon! Most likely Q3 or Q4 of this year.

CSUEB

Anyway to allow Microsoft Language pack as Updates as well; right now I'm building them out as deployment packages
Would be nice to add this with Software updates? Not sure if this was request before sorry to tag on.

crispy_nicia

Quote from: Justin Chalfant on April 11, 2019, 07:52:32 AM
We will be planning to add additional languages for software updates soon! Most likely Q3 or Q4 of this year.

Thank you Justin. I'm looking forward to it.

nikolamarko

Could you please provide an interim update on this feature?
It is a pity that the free Home Update has the ability to select the language but the PMPC Publisher with a paid subscrition doesn't.

Thank's a lot in advance.

No update as of now, unfortunately. We will be looking at this after the application feature is out. What language would you need support for?

nikolamarko

Quote from: Justin Chalfant on June 19, 2019, 04:49:13 AM
No update as of now, unfortunately. We will be looking at this after the application feature is out. What language would you need support for?

We have Firefox installed in German via a SCCM basepackage. When trying to update via PatchMyPC it will download and install the English version.
Up until now we have been using SCUP with PMPC catalog, but had to manually download the German Firefox installer and replace the package source with the downloaded German version.

We now want to switch to the PMPC Publisher to use the extended features such as pre/post scripts.
Is there a way to change the download settings for Firefox? Or is it possible to provide the German package source in the local content repository?
If I understand correct, it will only look in the local repository if the software product is flagged as non downloadable.

I hope you can shed some light in here. Thank you.

Are you saying our EN Firefox is replacing the German installed version?

We do have some logic in the update where it should only update an EN Firefox install.

nikolamarko

Quote from: Justin Chalfant on June 19, 2019, 09:59:04 AM
Are you saying our EN Firefox is replacing the German installed version?

We do have some logic in the update where it should only update an EN Firefox install.

This has been the case for SCUP up until now. I might be able to test it with the PMPC publisher soon, but I would assume that the result will be the same, as the update logic is stored in the update package?

It's stored directly in the update metadata.

nikolamarko

So is there a way to force the PMPC publisher to download the German Version of the Firefox update package?
Would placing the update package source in the local content repository lead to the goal we want to achieve?

Or is there simply no way to alter the current behaviour until the language select feature is released later this year?

Thanks

No this is not possible, you would need to use an application.

Quote from: nikolamarko on June 21, 2019, 05:10:18 AM
So is there a way to force the PMPC publisher to download the German Version of the Firefox update package?
Would placing the update package source in the local content repository lead to the goal we want to achieve?

Or is there simply no way to alter the current behaviour until the language select feature is released later this year?

Thanks

nosmi

Hello everyone, are there any new information about the topic? We have the same problem here.

We are going to start looking into more languages for some of the more common apps soon. Please make sure you vote the languages you are using: https://ideas.patchmypc.com/?category=6706612113554884775&sort=popular&status=6001166983752519805