• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Recent posts

Never mind, I found where I can apply it by using the right click options for "All Products" at the top of the list rather than clicking on an individual app. Thanks for your help!
I'm going to change the detection script i Intune for now. That will get all old version updated.
Then going forward the default detection script will work again for next updates.

Hugo,

Thanks for your reply! I had completely forgotten this feature since it is disabled by default. Is there a "global" default setting that can be applied to all updates? I.e. if I wanted all updates to default to "notify user to close application" is that possible, or would I have to do it on an app by app basis?
Hi there,

Yes there are, we call it MCP, short for Manage Conflicting Processes, you can choose what should happen if the user is using the software when it needs to update, you can either skip the update, force it to close or simply show a toast notification for the user where he can choose if he wants to close now and update or just snooze the update to retry later.

See more info on this feature by clicking on this link here

Hope to have helped, have a great day!
Are there any checks in place that prevent an app update for a PMPC supported app coming from Intune from quitting the app that it is attempting to update if there are any running occurrences of it on the machine?

For example, if I have the Update for Zoom assigned to a group of devices, and the device attempts to install the "app" while a user is currently in a Zoom meeting, will the update quit their running instance of Zoom, or will it just fail and then add a GRS entry in the registry to retry at a later time?
Thanks, but I'm not sure I fully understand how this will help?

I can create my own detection rule that triggers the uninstall script. But as I want to update any existing installations, I would need some way of triggering the PatchMyPC update/install package after the uninstall.

If the user just install the PatchMyPC "OpenVPN" package from intune the existing version is replaced as expected. So I don't think it's an "uninstall" problem. It's a problem with the detection script.

If I change the line below, then the old version of OpenVPN gets detected.

if($_.pschildname-eq($m='{b0168d30-5fdb-49b3-bd29-8f6d87543786}'TO:
if($_.pschildname-eq($m='OpenVPN'

Hi there,

The default scripts, cannot be changed. If you want to change the script yourself, you can do so directly from the Intune Console on the package itself.
We would recommend you to add a community script we created, that ensures that it uninstall any previous versions of software's, as a custom pre-script to the OpenVPN package.

Link to script here - Github

For more info on how to add custom scripts to packages, see more details below:
https://patchmypc.com/custom-options-available-for-third-party-updates-and-applications#custom-scripts

Hope to have helped, have a great day! :)
Hi

Using intune, I'm trying to update an old version of OpenVPN 2.4.9.i601. Which was installed from a package created with PFsense firewall.

The PatchMyPC detection script says that OpenVPN was not detected. As far as I can tell, the script assumes the openVPN is found under the reg key ..\uninstall\{b0168d30-5fdb-49b3-bd29-8f6d87543786}. However the old version I have installed, did create a key named ..\uninstall\OpenVpn.

Is there anyway I can have a custom detection script or can the detection script be changed?
Can Auslogics Registry Cleaner be added please.
Report Bugs and Issues (Free Home Updater) / Wise Registry Cleaner
Last post by stalag45 - April 10, 2024, 06:38:34 AM
Whenever I run PatchMyPC it says that Wise Registry Cleaner is out of date. I perform the update and it downloads and installs ok but a couple of minutes later it says that its out of date again. This happens every time I run it but I have no problems with any other updates.