• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Teams Machine Wide Installer - Old Version Detected as Installed

Started by usr0900, September 22, 2022, 03:06:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

usr0900

Hello,
  We are trying to do an update of the machine-wide Teams installer so that new users who login to machines get the latest version and don't run into the 1 yr or older block. We are trying to install 1.5.0.21668 yet when the detection script runs, it is seeing the older version, in this case 1.5.0.11163, and returning that Teams is already installed and nothing needs to be done.

I've included the log file below. Is this a bug in the Teams detection script? It seems like it should be comparing the versions and seeing the old one returning a false since the version is indeed newer then what is installed.

*** Starting Detection script for Teams Machine*Wide Installer  with version 1.5.0.21668   PatchMyPC-Detection:738   9/22/2022 11:23:13 AM   3164 (0x0C5C)
Found Teams Machine-Wide Installer version 1.5.0.11163 installed on 20220525   PatchMyPC-Detection:707   9/22/2022 11:23:14 AM   3164 (0x0C5C)
Result of script for checking Detection: Installed   PatchMyPC-Detection:765   9/22/2022 11:23:14 AM   3164 (0x0C5C)

The detection script is signed so I don't think I can easily modify it.

Priscilla (Patch My PC)

Hey,

Thanks for reaching out. To help us do further troubleshooting, can you send us an email at [email protected] and include the following logs from a client device experiencing this issue:

If this is for Intune, please send us the following logs:
%ProgramData%\PatchMyPCIntuneLogs\PatchMyPC-ScriptRunner.log
This may be found in the %ProgramData%\PatchMyPC\ if the Install was initiated by the user from Company Portal.
%ProgramData%\PatchMyPCIntuneLogs\PatchMyPC-SoftwareDetectionScript.log
%ProgramData%\PatchMyPCIntuneLogs\PatchMyPC-SoftwareUpdateDetectionScript.log
%ProgramData%\Microsoft\IntuneManagementExtension\Logs\AgentExecutor.log
%ProgramData%\Microsoft\IntuneManagementExtension\Logs\IntuneManagementExtension.log
%ProgramData%\PatchMyPC\PatchMyPC-UserNotification.log
%ProgramData%\PatchMyPC\UISettings\UINotificationSettings.xml
Note: Some Patch My PC log files listed above may be found in %WinDir%\CCM folder if that folder exists.

If this is for ConfigMgr, please send us the following logs:
%WinDir%\CCM\Logs\CAS*.log
%WinDir%\CCM\Logs\DeltaDownload*.log
%WinDir%\CCM\Logs\DataTransferService*.log
%WinDir%\CCM\Logs\PatchMyPC-ScriptRunner.log (If exist)
This may be found in the %ProgramData%\PatchMyPC\ if the Install was initiated by the user from Software Center.
%WinDir%\CCM\Logs\ScanAgent*.log
%WinDir%\CCM\Logs\StateMessage.log
%WinDir%\CCM\Logs\UpdatesDeployment*.log
%WinDir%\CCM\Logs\UpdatesHandler*.log
%WinDir%\CCM\Logs\UpdatesStore*.log
%WinDir%\CCM\Logs\WUAHandler*.log
%WinDir%\WindowsUpdate.log
You need to run Get-WindowsUpdateLog on Windows 8.1 and newer in PowerShell.
%ProgramData%\PatchMyPC\PatchMyPC-UserNotification.log
%ProgramData%\PatchMyPC\UISettings\UINotificationSettings.xml