• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Report Missing Important Data via Export

Started by EntrustDatacard, December 07, 2016, 02:40:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EntrustDatacard

If you run report "04 - Installed Third-Party Applications" on the console and look at the bottom of the page it shows the PatchMyPC logo on the left and more importantly it lists Unique Devices and Unique Versions. But then when I export that report to MS Word and scroll to the bottom of the page the logo is gone as well as the Unique Devices and Unique Versions.

Is there anyway you could include the Unique Devices and Unique Versions in the export?

See below for examples.

Thanks,
Andy k

EntrustDatacard

I'm not sure if it is true for other reports as well or not. I do know report "06 - Installed Third-Party Applications Detailed" has the Unique Devices listed on the top of the document and when you export that to MS Word it DOES export. So 06 it works fine. I haven't checked any other reports yet.

Thanks,
Andy K

EntrustDatacard

Sorry this might be in the wrong forum. Please move if needed.

Andy K

Justin Chalfant (Patch My PC)

Thanks for reporting we will check this out and let you know what we find.

How many Unique versions where in the report you exported?

EntrustDatacard

Not sure how many Unique Versions for the 04 report since that part doesn't export. As you know my issues with report 04 is that there are NO Unique Versions exported at all.

EntrustDatacard

I ran that report over 70 times doing scans on each 3rd party app on a collection. I had apps that were 1 or 2 unique devices all the way up to 5000+ unique devices. I don't think it has anything to do with how many devices the report finds. Either way the report will NOT export the logo or Unique Devices and Unique Versions.

Andy K

Thanks for reporting. We will look into this. Those two fields and the logo seemed to export into word fine for us.

EntrustDatacard

ok then it must just be for me then weird. Again the export for report 06 works for me but for report 04 it does not. Humm weird. I am using MS Office 2013 Pro Plus.  No issues with anything else. I've exported about 60 reports will all the same results. Maybe it has to do with the report template or something? If you would like I can export my report and send it to you for analysis.

Andy K

Does the attached word doc show the logo and two fields in word for you?

EntrustDatacard

OK so this is really weird this must have something to do with my settings.

When I open up the report you sent me I CANNOT see the logo in the lower left side nor can I see the Unique Devices: 5 or Unique Version: 2. BUT when I check View | Edit Document it expands and I can see the logo and text. See 2 attachments for details.

Ok so then I think its just on my side. But when I open up any 04 report that I have exported it open up without the logo or text but I'm already in edit mode.

Nevermind I figure it all out and its 100% my fault. Turns out when open report "04" I'm default in Web Layout under the View tab. But if I select say Print Layout I can see the log and text. So its my settings on my MS word app.

I apologize for taking you your time. I know that can be annoying. But I really appreciate you giving me the time to process this on my own and finding the issue. FYI to all future report users. Use PRINT LAYOUT DO NOT USE WEB LAYOUT

You can close this post and move.

Thanks,
Andy K

Bunnytheis

Thanks for reporting we will check this out and let you know what we find.

Bunnytheis

But then when I export that report to MS Word and scroll to the bottom of the page the logo is gone as well as the Unique Devices and Unique Versions.

EntrustDatacard

Bunnytheis see my post above. You need to view in print mode. My MS word was defaulting to web layout which I usually like but you need print mode to view all the data.