• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Some apps show updated, but I look online and there are newer versions.

Started by xenon2000, July 04, 2019, 12:51:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xenon2000

The updater says
Java SE Development Kit 8 Update 201 (64-bit)  -  8.0.2010.9
is up to date.

But version Java SE Development Kit 8 Update 201 (64-bit)  - 8.0.2010.12 is newer and has been out since April 2019.

Which now has me questioning if there are other apps that are not being updated to the latest version also?

At first I was thinking maybe the DB for updated versions was a little behind when app updates are released, but this was released months ago.

Justin Chalfant (Patch My PC)

Oracle JRE/JDK became a licensed product for businesses in the April update. https://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jdk8-downloads-2133151.html (See yellow)

As a result, they no longer provide a public download URL for the offline installer of the product. We will most likely need to remove JRE/JDK in the next Patch My PC update altogether.

This is why it's not listed.

Quote from: xenon2000 on July 04, 2019, 12:51:03 PM
The updater says
Java SE Development Kit 8 Update 201 (64-bit)  -  8.0.2010.9
is up to date.

But version Java SE Development Kit 8 Update 201 (64-bit)  - 8.0.2010.12 is newer and has been out since April 2019.

Which now has me questioning if there are other apps that are not being updated to the latest version also?

At first I was thinking maybe the DB for updated versions was a little behind when app updates are released, but this was released months ago.

xenon2000

Thanks for the info. Works for me. Though I am pretty sure the reads that it is still free for personal non-business use with public updates until December 2020 for JDK 8. But likely easier to just drop it and not deal with Oracle. I can simply move to OpenJDK versions not managed by Oracle if I really need it.