• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Request: JDownloader 2

Started by RichardEb, March 19, 2018, 10:01:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RichardEb

You have already added JDownloader to the poll. Does this include JDownloader 2? If not I'd like to request it.

Justin Chalfant (Patch My PC)

Are these the same app just a newer version?

RichardEb

Quote from: Justin on March 19, 2018, 10:46:33 AM
Are these the same app just a newer version?

Yes and No. It's the same program. But you can install JDownloader and JDownloader 2 together on your PC. I think JDownloader 2 is a completely new developed version of JDownloader  and not a normal update. But both programs came from the same developer and are meant to do the same things.

Peace2000

Newer version. I think there is no point of having multiple versions, just the latest stable release. :)

RichardEb

Quote from: Peace2000 on March 19, 2018, 11:20:07 AM
Newer version. I think there is no point of having multiple versions, just the latest stable release. :)

I'm fine with JDownloader 2. I just wanted to make sure that JDownloader 2 will also be supported. (JDownloader 2 is still marked as beta version)

Justin Chalfant (Patch My PC)

If we add JDownloader it will just end up being whatever the latest supported version is so no need to add any additional options in the poll.

Peace2000

I have JD 2 and it does not say it's beta so the beta stage of JD 2 has actually passed already. They just haven't updated their website, I think.

Aitch

Does JD2 still require Java to run?

Peace2000

Quote from: Aitch on March 20, 2018, 02:43:39 PM
Does JD2 still require Java to run?

As far as I know JD is a java application itself, not just relying on java on some of it's functions.