• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

"Unable to delete cache directory" message.

Started by bzoomer16, May 28, 2017, 10:36:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bzoomer16

Hi, I use the free updater and keep the exe file in my C:\ root directory. On some of my systems, I see a warning message that says "Unable to delete cache directory" when I launch the program. I have tried changing the permissions on the folder C:\PatchMyPCUpdates\ to be more permissive, but I still see the issue.

Can you help me determine which directory is the "cache directory," and how to fix this message? It doesn't seem to affect the operation of the updater, which runs successfully. However, I get the error message every time my scheduled task fires, and it won't actually run the updater until I click OK on the message.

PS, I'm a huge fan of PatchMyPC. I just donated to support you and I encourage others to do the same for such a wonderful tool.

Justin Chalfant (Patch My PC)

This usually occurs when multiple instances of PMPC is running or there is an installer running from that cache location.

guruuno

I have PatchMyPC in C:\Public\Downloads to keep it "out of sight" of the end users.
However, recently, there is a new folder after it is run and does updates that is left in the root (C:\PatchMyPCUpdates), which never has been left behind before.
I see it is the 'cache' folder, and do not wish to leave any traces of it's existence when completed.
I cannot find anywhere in the options to delete this or make it go away.
Is this something new in the latest updated version or am I missing a step or is this the way it is?

We are looking into this.

Thanks

Quote from: guruuno on September 08, 2017, 08:54:55 PM
I have PatchMyPC in C:\Public\Downloads to keep it "out of sight" of the end users.
However, recently, there is a new folder after it is run and does updates that is left in the root (C:\PatchMyPCUpdates), which never has been left behind before.
I see it is the 'cache' folder, and do not wish to leave any traces of it's existence when completed.
I cannot find anywhere in the options to delete this or make it go away.
Is this something new in the latest updated version or am I missing a step or is this the way it is?

guruuno

Is there any update, news or resolve to this issue? :-\

We are looking into this for the next update. Likely later this month to early next month.

If the default cache folder C:\PatchMyPCUpdates is used, it will be deleted when Patch My PC is closed in the next update. This will be Patch My PC 3.2.6.0. It will be released later this week or early next week.