• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

New PatchMyPC Report

Started by EntrustDatacard, December 05, 2016, 02:37:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin Chalfant (Patch My PC)

Quote from: EntrustDatacard on January 25, 2017, 08:12:59 AM
Where can I get a copy of PatchMyPC Reports v1.1 beta? Thanks again for looking into this. I appreciate all the help!!

I get what your saying. One thing that might be nice is instead of choosing all the applications default for a report. Let us choose multiple apps for the reports. Do a check box next to each application so if I want to check all the apps and let SQL run for a few hours I can. Or if a manager needs to know, What versions of Adobe AIR, Flash and Reader do we have running on the desktops right now. I can go in check all 3 and run the version report. I know you'll find a way. Thanks again let me know if I can help out at all.

Andy K

I just sent you a link with the beta reports back from 1/24/17. The only changes where: "- New applications that have been added into the SCUP catalog since the 1.0 release are now included in the products for report "04 - Installed Third-Party Applications".

The new SCUP just released today: https://cloudblogs.microsoft.com/enterprisemobility/2018/03/21/system-center-updates-publisher-adds-support-for-new-oses/ so right now our priority is getting migration and installation documentation up for that by tomorrow: https://patchmypc.net/documentation. In today's catalog update, we are now using the new SCUP format to improve speed on imports and ability to include all certs at import. There are actually some pretty cool features we will cover in the updated documentation guides. Hopefully, we will have the reports done sometime next week to include all the new application for report 4 and support for Server 2016 in the dashboard reports.

EntrustDatacard

So if I run a catalog update today you guys are already up to date? If so great job! I just downloaded SCUP v6.0.278.0 I'll install that when I get time. Once I install that I'll update the catalog so we have the latest and greatest. Thanks for all your hard work. Much appreciated!

Quote from: EntrustDatacard on March 22, 2018, 08:09:15 AM
So if I run a catalog update today you guys are already up to date? If so great job! I just downloaded SCUP v6.0.278.0 I'll install that when I get time. Once I install that I'll update the catalog so we have the latest and greatest. Thanks for all your hard work. Much appreciated!

Yes! We started to use the updated format to improve importing speed and include certificates in yesterday's catalog update 3/21/18 (Note: New CAB format is still compatible with SCUP 2011 you just won't get the speed and cert improvements).

We had been working with Preview 2 and the product group for some time around this though. We did get the migration guide posted yesterday: https://patchmypc.net/documentation and some more info here: https://patchmypc.net/system-center-updates-publisher-update-march-2018

Let me know if you have any question around the update or migration! We are pretty excited about this.

- Justin

EntrustDatacard

I just did the upgrade and WOW did that go smooth. The migration was literally as easy as clicking next! Good work and nice video! I haven't published anything using the updated version but will soon. Good work!

I'm a little surprised they changed the install dir and they new SCUP version is a completely different app instead of just updating the old app. But its kinda nice to have the old 5.00.1727 and the new 6.0.278.

I know you guys have a lot on your plate with this so just let me know when the new reports come out, as you said hopefully next week.

Quote from: EntrustDatacard on March 22, 2018, 09:11:25 AM
I just did the upgrade and WOW did that go smooth. The migration was literally as easy as clicking next! Good work and nice video! I haven't published anything using the updated version but will soon. Good work!

I'm a little surprised they changed the install dir and they new SCUP version is a completely different app instead of just updating the old app. But its kinda nice to have the old 5.00.1727 and the new 6.0.278.

I know you guys have a lot on your plate with this so just let me know when the new reports come out, as you said hopefully next week.

I just emailed you a release candidate for our V2.0 update. Please let me know if thing work ok for you or if you find any issues.

EntrustDatacard

Thanks. Not sure if I'll get any time today but will next week. I'll let you know if I have any issues.

Have you had a change to play around with these yet?

EntrustDatacard

Nope sorry busy with other things. I'm hoping tomorrow or Thursday.

EntrustDatacard

I just got the new reports installed thanks! They installed quickly and easily so thanks for that!

#1 - I was wondering if there is a way to get report "06 - Installed Third-Party Applications Detailed" to be able to instead of searching for text with wildcards that we could have all the Patch My PC apps pre-loaded. Example: Have the option to select the apps just like in the 04 report?

#2 - If we can get my ask above, can we also be able to select multiple apps at once for the 06 report????? For example I want to know all the Java versions so Java 6, 7 and 8 all at once??? As you know I've been asking for this one for 2 years 4 months and 18 days  :P If you look back on my second post on this thread was back on December 5th 2016!!! Crazy! At that time I was literally asking for the same thing I am here. I accidentally said the 04 report but I meant the 06 report. I need the detailed list of devices with the 3rd party apps installed. The 04 chart report would be cool as well. To be able to select say 5 apps and have it give me 5 different reports would be great. But I know that would be much harder to figured out then to simple modify the 06 report to be able to select multiple apps at once. Then I could export to excel and filter each. Right now I have to run a report for each app and that gets old quick.

#3 - If we can't get the predefined list of Patch My PC apps to be able to select in report 06, is there a way to do so using wildcards? Example I want to search for all java versions as well as say CutePDF. In the display name field for the 06 report could I enter "%java 6%, %java 7%, %java 8%, %CutePDF%" ?

Thanks for the feedback, we will look into this. We are pretty busy the next few weeks preparing for the new publishing service https://patchmypc.net/introducing-a-preview-of-our-third-party-update-publishing-service-for-sccm, but will keep this on our teams radar.

EntrustDatacard

on December 05, 2016, 02:37:24 PM I posted my first request on this forum. Ironically its close the same things I'm asking for today. If it can't be done that's find just please let me know it cannot be done and I'll drop it. But I keep getting told we'll take a look but nothing ever comes of it. I really appreciate all the work you guys have done! This isn't a negative post. I just wanna know yes or no. Thanks.

I never got a reply from question #3 I had:
#3 - If we can't get the predefined list of Patch My PC apps to be able to select in report 06, is there a way to do so using wildcards? Example I want to search for all java versions as well as say CutePDF. In the display name field for the 06 report could I enter "%java 6%, %java 7%, %java 8%, %CutePDF%" ?

Hey Andy,

Sorry for the lapse of response on this item. We do want to get this added at some point in the future. Our team has been focused on some other items around our publishing service and ensuring we are ready to support the SCCM in-console integration for third-party updates. I'm sure it's possible to add multiple like statements in the SQL report, but we just haven't had the cycles to get this completed yet. I'm sorry I don't have a more firm answer on when this might be done. We did get the V2 reports released though with the new supported apps and support for Windows Server 2016 in the dashboards.

- Justin Chalfant

EntrustDatacard

Thanks for the info Justin. Again I really do appreciate all the help you guys have provided. Have a great day I look forward to future correspondence.